“My idea of a good trip.”
Review of Brook Gallery

Brook Gallery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: One of Devon’s best known art galleries, Brook Gallery came into existence in 1997 and since then has moved from strength to strength gaining an excellent reputation across the UK and beyond, selling limited edition, original prints. Our collections incorporate a broad spectrum of styles, through an enviable catalogue of some of the most influential artists in the UK today.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Visiting Brook Gallery is always a pleasure. Angela has a really discerning eye and the exhibitions demonstrate a wonderfully eclectic taste. I have learned a great from her about the artists being exhibited and the background to their art, and have most enjoyed discussing our individual takes on particular artworks. Becky and the rest of the team have never been less than helpful. When it comes to framing, I can sometimes be a little exacting/demanding but my wishes have always met with good humour, patience and understanding. And thanks to the talented framers.

I do recommend looking through the large catalogue on works on the website. There are so very many works, only a small proportion are able to be on show at any one time. I like to have a browse and make a Buddleigh to see some 'in the flesh'. Followed by tea and a walk my the estuary. My idea of a good trip.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"culture"
"pottery"

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great gallery, in a beautiful setting close to the beach and edge of town, fabulous! great exhibitions well worth a visit.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

How delighted are we to have Angela and her team at the Brook Gallery bringing us such visual delights?

Ecstatic!

Both knowledgeable and informed Angela imparts her love of art and artists with such an engaging, natural, and often humorous narrative without any 'salesy' talk. Delivering an incredible programme of art and artists to our doorstep - long may it continue.

With each new exhibition that arrives in our sleepy seaside town I am ever grateful that my historical heady days of travel to the metropolis to achieve first hand visual stimulation is not now a necessity - on that note, I am not a lazy participant in traveling afield to view exhibitions - but, I am indebted to Angela and the Brook Gallery for providing me with stunning accessible art throughout the year.

For those of you living in this region and who haven't yet put the Brook Gallery on your trail, I urge you to take action and visit, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank rachaeloneill
DevonSinbad, Owner at Brook Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

It's really nice to be appreciated. Please keep visiting...

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am in total agreement with the other reviewers. This is a wonderful gallery to visit and be inspired. The staff are very knowledgeable but also very pleasant, welcoming and helpful. There is no pressure put on you to buy, but if you do decide on something, the gallery works hard to make sure everything is perfect for you. We are very lucky to have Brook Gallery in Budleigh Salterton.

1  Thank Sally H
See more reviews
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have three reasons to visit Budleigh Salterton: family, the beautiful coast and this gallery. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and I have learnt a lot about various artists, styles of printing and information about galleries, publishers and art in general. Over the years I have bought a number of works and I am delighted with them all. I don't consider myself wealthy or especially knowledgeable however I have been treated with respect and interest when choosing a piece of art and this is a good enough reason to return and enjoy the exhibitions. Have a look yourself.

1  Thank Bill B