“Excellent child free restaurant”

The Cosy Tea Pot and Collectables
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I once again were delighted to visit the Cosy Teapot with its excellent food and courteous service. I really do think that those bitter people who seem to think that they have a sublime right to impose their dreadful, ill behaved children on us all should limit themselves to establishments such as Macdonalds or KFC where their awful kids can run riot to their hearts content. One of the issues here I have to say is often ill behaved children frequently accompanied by parents who are inept and clearly incapable of keeping their offspring under control

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Awful place to eat.
Small dark room, very gloomy. Waited ages for meal.
Children NOT welcome but dogs are welcome. Child haters.
Unpleasant miserable little hole would never recommend.
Also very expensive.

3  Thank Budleighbabe
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited the Cosy Teapot today and were thoroughly pleased with what we saw and ate. I ordered a date slice and a pot of tea and my lovely lady ordered a toasted tea cake and a breakfast tea that she said was the best tea cake she had ever had. The staff were very friendly and cheerful, and made us feel very welcome. The service was very quick and the food was lovely. The decor was very oldie worldie, but that was the reason we chose to visit the place. It is very Much like visiting your grandma's house, bearing in my I am in my forties so the younger generation may not see what I mean. There are a lot of things to feast your eyes on, not all will be to everyone's taste but horses for courses. I must say that I ordered a bacon sandwich that was one of the best I've ever eaton, and that's coming from a former chef. There must of been six rashers of bacon in it, and it was top quality bacon. Not the usual salty thin slices. I like the fact that you can take your dog in with you, this makes for a real homely atmosphere. We will definitely be visiting again, to sample the Brie and cranberry panini.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We couldn’t get in on Sunday afternoon for one of their cream teas but, luckily for us, we were staying over (see Pebbles B&B) so could breeze in for lunch on Monday. There’s something rather special about a tea room that serves porcelain mugs of hot Bovril – complete with elegant saucer.
Lunches are a little bit pricey but generous. ‘Im Indoors had an enormous toastie with generous side salad. I had a ‘Greek’ salad that included interesting tropical touches – grapes as well as olives, strawberries as well as tomatoes, really fresh green stuff and too much feta cheese. Complemented by a delicious cheese and olive scone, this was a meal fit for a Greek Goddess – and a hungry one at that.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Home made means home made, at last. The owners have the decoration, service, and food just right for what it is. A proper tea room serving a very good selection of tea/coffee and drinks with excellent cakes. My husband needs gluten free food so often we just have the coffee, but here he had a choice and the gluten free banana and date scones are a winner. Warmed to eat too. Bone china teapots and crockery, local papers and magazines, and lovely cluttered walls.
Water bowl outside for dogs.