“Quaint & Quality but a bit pricey!!”

The Cosy Tea Pot and Collectables
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I loved the way the tea was served old fashioned style in bone china tea pot, cups & saucers. The only down side was the prices - c£20 for 2 hot chocolates with squirty cream & marshmallows, a small piece of millionaires shortbread and 2 cream teas. It was a lovely experience though!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

My family and I were on holiday from Australia...antiques and collectables are a passion, as is the consumption of good food....this place was perfect! Quirky, wonderfully crammed full of antiques, it was the place we chose to eat both morning tea and a late lunch all on the same day! If you prefer minimalist establishments this place is not for you.

As others have stated everything is served on quintessential English bone china - (old country rose pattern in our case). The array of home made cakes was incredible really - we tried four different ones and shared. They (lemon drizzle, fruit cake, coffee and walnut cake and scones) were all excellent. Lunch options were plentiful bordering on the huge! I had a ploughman's lunch and couldn't eat it all, and others consumed crab sandwiches, and toasties. Very comforting and filling on a cold day.
The service was extremely personable; provided with a very friendly and welcoming attitude and the chef also served us at one point - everyone pitches in as needed which I think is commendable. Other restaurants may make you sit there waiting on food as it just sits there if the waitresses or waiters are busy elsewhere.
This place is highly recommended. No impersonal or lacklustre service here as far as I'm concerned. Keep it up guys - I hope you continue to be successful.

NIK, Lloyd, Carol and Elaine.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Been here twice for cream tea - delightful ambiance and lovely scones. Sure you can get cheaper but it's so quintessentially cutsey, English Heritage should list it. A little gem especially on a cold day when the fire warms the cheeks.....

Reviewed April 13, 2012

My husband and I stopped at The Cosy Teapot after a long walk. The tea and scones were just what we needed - freshly served and very tasty. They even offer Redbush tea which is my favourite. Our Basenji, Emily was also made to feel welcome. I think the interior is a little overcrowded with knick-knacks some of which looked a bit 'junky'. Perhaps a bit of a clear-out would improve the overall appearance of the interior.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

What a great place! Lovely home made fare well presented and served with charm.

Also bone china crockery! Their cakes and sandwiches are delicious!

The collectable side is a bit of fun too.

There are not enough places of this kind and calibre around now it seems.