“A great 'Full English' breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of A slice of lyme

A slice of lyme
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Redditch, United Kingdom
“A great 'Full English' breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

My partner and I popped into this quirky little bistro for breakfast before heading for home, after a weeks stay in East Devon.
We were greeted by a very friendly waitress, who made us feel really welcome. She promptly brought us menus, and took our orders for breakfast. While we waited for our meals she brought us our coffees to get on with. Our order arrived after about 10 minutes, and was obviously freshly cooked. The breakfasr consisted of bacon, sausage, fried egg, half a large grilled tomato, mushrooms, baked beans, and toast. All the ingredients were of high quality, and I would guess that the meat items were sourced from a local butcher. The sausage particularly was delicious.
The breakfast as itemised, complete with coffee was £5:70. Excellent value I think.
I have described this restaurant as 'quirky'. That is a compliment. It isn't the usual run-of-the -mill seaside cafe. Try it and you will know whay I mean.
The next time I am in Budleigh Salterton I will not wait until my last day to go to Slice of Lyme!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JAMIE020

Budleigh Salterton, United Kingdom
“LITTLE GEM”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Had a lovely meal at this bistro on Saturday night. The food was great and obviously freshly cooked and exceptional value for money. The pork fillet was tender and the sauce tasty as was the chicken.We will definately return.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank rogandfi
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Veggie Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We ate here whilst on holiday last year and the Veggie choice was delicious. I would recommend it to any vegetarian/vegan.

• Visited August 2013
Wadhurst, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have just eaten in this Bistro,the food was fresh and cooked really well. We were given a good welcome,if you are looking for a reasonably priced evening meal you couldn't do better.
Everyone we spoke to in the restaurant had had a great meal. Well done slice of lyme.

• Visited November 2013
Weymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Busy so book a table. Great service, food was well cooked and served with a smile, one of the best gammon steaks I've had. The locals eat here so book with confidence, this is a very nice licensed restaurant.

Visited November 2013