“Excellent in all aspects”

Da Remo Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Denham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Four of us booked for sunday lunch a few days ahead when were told we had just taken the last table - always a good sign! We had been warned that we would be in a corner but the table was fine and we noted all the tables were nicely spaced. We were greeted warmly by a charming waitress, shown to our table and handed bothe a la carte and set menus. Our wine was delivered promptly and fesh bread, butter and bread sticks arrived.
Choosing from the set menu we started with the tiger prawns with ginger and spring onion in a white wine dressing and insalata tricolore, both delicious and generous portions. To follow I was torn between the veal, calves liver and sea bass - eventually opting for the slow roasted shank of lamb. The fourth member of our group went for the salmon in a prosseco sauce. Both excellent and came with a choice of potatoes and vegetables served at the table - a nice touch.
The traditional dessert trolley was packed with a delicious choice of sweets but we all were too full and just managed some very good italian coffee.
The wine was good value particularly the Sicilian red which was very good and a nice light Frascati.
For the four of us, including 2 bottles of wine, the bill came to £120 which also included the optional 10% service charge. I felt this represented extremely good value!
The service was perfect, plenty of staff, unhurried with a nice pause between starter and main course. The dining room is comfortable with white linen and has a pleasant feel to it. There is a small bar area and a patio at the rear.The staff are smartly dressed in black and white and are professional and friendly.
All in all a first class Italian restaurant and we will certainly be back.

There are newer reviews for Da Remo Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We visited Daremo last night with two other friends from Germany and again was an amazing experience.
The food was excellent, fantastic dessert trolley. The staff was attentive, friendly and helpful.
Our friends would definitely go back again.

1  Thank Danny080
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Was there on a business trip. The starter was excellent but the main was just awful. I ordered risotto, it was grey in colour and bland in taste. My partner had chicken and mushroom, the chicken was wet, fatty and tasteless. I complained to the staff (who were really nice) and was told that the chef/manager would like to see us at 'the front door'. He accused us of being drunk and that no one had ever complained about his food AND that we were not welcome back! Really?!

3  Thank DallasScot
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Was staying in Denham on business and tried Da Remo as a change from local pubs.

Ordered from the Table D'hote - £17 for two courses. (Table D'hote had to be requested, it was not brought at the same time as the a la carte...) I settled on Carrot and Coriander Soup to start which was very hot, little flavour - but inoffensive. This was followed (within less than a minute of finishing the soup) by Lasagna - so hot it was several minutes before it was edible (and I like my food hot) and the excuse that it was served hot due to health and safety does not hold water, I have had plenty of burgers that are not inedible due to heat!

Judging by the favourable comments of the table next to me, I'm pretty sure if I had ordered the Dover Sole and Puligny Montrachet, I would have had a different experience..... Low rollers not really welcome!

1  Thank saltytowers
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went to this restaurant years ago and wasn't impressed, but a friend suggested we went here for a meal to celebrate her special birthday. The service was very good and the food was lovely, looking forward to going back again soon.