“Not quite what I had expected”
Review of Biggles

Biggles
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Denham
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Although the food was good, it wasn't special. Far too many tables for space, and felt claustrophobic. Bar area is tiny and where ever you stand you're in teh way. There are better restaurants out there, I was quite disappointed after reading all the good reviews, so don't be fooled.

2  Thank Denise S

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Despite the restaurant being full of high spirited people getting in the mood of Christmas, the waiting staff were attentive at all times. We were a fairly large party and all our starters came out together as did our main courses, all piping hot and beautifully cooked.
Can't praise the management and all their staff highly enough.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been visiting this restaurant for many years and the food just gets better and better. The owner has been there I believe for 20 years and the staff and atmosphere are always happy and jovial. The Beef Wellington must not be missed and there are always fresh fish dishes to satisfy your taste.
Finish off with Crepes Sussette cooked at your table and washed down with a very reasonable and comprehensive wine list.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We went for lunch with friends who had heard this place was good. We had the set lunch at £17.95 which we felt was excellent value. The restaurant takes up a metroland detached house approached up a private trimmed hedge road leading to Denham airfield, which it overlooks. Loads of range rovers, porsches & bentleys in the car park which may be belong to the flyers. The menu is old fashioned suburban Italian/Spanish/English style but absolutely delicious & to our taste. Steak with a rich Stilton sauce the best my wife had ever tasted. I have not tasted food like it for years, more is the pity. Staff & owner are Spanish & have clearly been there for decades serving their regular customers who have grown old with them. They bustle about in a efficient & merry way. Clientele are 60s+ Daily Telegraph readers who still dress up for lunch in the week. Wonderful! A la Carte a bit more pricey. They still have a spirit stove for flash cooking steaks & the good old crepes suzettes. Three tiers of old favorites on the dessert trolley. Marvelous trip down memory lane. Long may they continue.

2  Thank Aldhelm
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have been coming to Biggles for about 30 years. I can understand those who think the restaurant is in a time warp but it is part of its charm for me. I'm sure some of the waiting staff have been there as long as I have been visiting.
It's the food, service and value for money that keeps me coming back. I always bring my friends and family here for a special night out because it is a little gem.
Their steaks are hung for 21 days before they are cooked and they are one of the best steaks I have ever had. The fish and chicken dishes are equally excellent. The dessert trolley is wonderfully retro and I love it but I don't always manage to get to it, especially if I have the T-Bone steak (all they have done to the animal is wiped it's backside and removed its horns, it's so big).
If you do not like quaint retro decor, don't go here. If you like good food, excellent service and value for money, this place is a must. It is very small (which adds to the charm) so you will need to book and at the weekends you might have to plan 6 weeks in advance to get a reservation.

1  Thank BigJock7