“My weekend retreat”
Review of Denham Grove

Denham Grove
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denham
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have stayed at Devere DG on several occasions. The main reason? You may as well be far away in the countryside, and can see the stars at night, yet somehow you are still within the M25, and only 30mins from Marylebone. Rooms are slightly small (15sqm?), but aren't overburdened with furniture - however, they would benefit from a couple of coat hooks, a luggage rack, and maybe a dumb butler. TV is a nice 32in set, and WiFi is free and good. The pool is nice at about 15-20m, but the spa and sauna were out of order, and appeared to have been for some time - please fix! Food was nice, and the bar is a relaxing space to spend the evening. A nice surprise is the gym, which is well kitted out compared to most hotels. Anyway, time for another walk in the countryside...

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank David M
Amy L, Front Office Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear David M,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read about your recent stay and that you enjoyed the facilities.

The sauna has been out of use for a refurbishment which will be completed by the end of June.

Kind Regards

Amy Littlefield
Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 18, 2014

stayed here for 2 nights and found all the staff really friendly. breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice for your own full english. pastries were delicious.rooms were really clean and tidy and with a huge bed with plenty of pillows. you can use the pool and gym. bar slightly expensive but free hot drinks from machines make up for that. the breakfast chef was really friendly and a credit to the venue. as are all the staff.lovely grounds to walk in or sit and chill out.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sue F,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I will ensure that the relevant department members receive your kind words and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the venue and it's surroundings

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Last week we came for dinner. We were at the lounge bar waiting for 20 minutes but no one came to take our order. Staff in the bar was talking and playing on the phone. I went to the bar and asked one of the bar staff with long hair & beard; to send someone to take our order, he says we don’t come to the table instead you would need to order from the bar. It’s really disappointing to hear after we waited for long time... What kind of hospitality and service it is?

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Steveb,

Thank you for your feedback reagrding service at our Bar. I am disappointed to read of the issues that you encountered.

I have since fully investigated with the Head of Department regarding correct service standards and procedures.They will conduct training concerning new measures put in place to ensure that the problems you encountered do not happen moving forward.

Steveb, please let me know if you are needing to stay in this area again in the future as I would like the opportunity to show you that we can get it right for you here at Denham.

Amy Littlefield
Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My aunt came down from Scotland and my brother and wife came over from France to attend a double golden wedding celebration. My cousins, whose anniversaries it was, had arranged an afternoon tea and were promised that although the events manager could not be there on the day she would arrange for someone else to see that all went well. To say it was a shambles is an understatement!!!!! The sandwiches looked and tasted as if they had been left over from the night before with curled up edges and crusts still attached. The fillings were not in the least appetising and the tea, which was slow in coming, was black. Looked like it had been stewing for a week. The person in charge looked and acted as if everything was too much trouble. When a guest asked where she could hand her coat she was told to wait until the room was opened and she could hang it on the back of her chair!!!! The drink for the toast was all wrong, they didn't know how to work the sound system they asked to see the contract and when asked where their own copy was answered ' somewhere' !!! We were all so disappointed and angry for our relations as they had paid a lot of money and received appalling service. My cousin's wife was practically distraught.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SANCLIVE
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Food is great quality and fantastic presentation.
Staff very attentive!
Can not fault the rooms or hotel. Beds are comfy.
Breakfast is tasty. Can't wait to stay again and also get married there in September!

• Stayed: March 2014
Andrew C, Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Lilychihuahua18,

I have been in contact with Sam our wedding coordinator to try to establish which bride to be you are? but I have two weddings here in September.

firstly, if i have not seen you for your menu tasting yet I look forward to meeting you, and secondly congratulations! we can not wait to make your special day one to truly remember.

I look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a training curse, but with i need to chose a place to stay i wont chose that one. The smell in the bedrooms is not good, is a strange smell.
The people from the hotel are very nice, the food is good too, but not the better place to eat.
The location is terrible for anyone going out, but if only to rest is good as it is in the middle of nowhere.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Larisa R,

Larisa R I would be most grateful if you would contact me directly with the room that you stayed in. since reading your response I have been around all of our bedroom stock to try and locate the smell that you described in your review, an i can not locate anything that smells out of the ordinary.

My direct Email address is: aconway@deverevenues,co.uk

I would appreciate very much if you would let me know so that I can ensure that no other customer experience this wile staying with us.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Convenient location near the airport. I would pre-book a minicab (go online and pick a company, we paid about 50 pounds), the metered cabs will cost twice the amount. Check-in was smooth. The front desk was very friendly and accommodating so a good experience. Not so good part was the fact that there are no elevators, no carts for baggage (but they do have employees that can help). Our room was TINY, but I know they have larger rooms. I guess if you are spending all your time touring, then you only need the room to sleep in. The breakfast spread was limited but well prepared, delicious and worth the money. There are no underground stations within walking distance, one has to take a minicab to the nearest station (run you 8 to 12 pounds each way). Beds/pillows were very comfortable, rooms were clean and homely. We were there for a wedding at a nearby location, so this hotel was perfect for us.

Room Tip: If you do not want to walk up stairs, then choose a street level room
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Raj P,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
As you have mentioned we are in a great location to fly from Heathrow, Raj P if you ever choose to stay with us again when flying from Heathrow, please ask us to book a cab for you, we have a great rate with a local taxi firm that charge a lot less than £50,00 for our customers.

I hope that you had a fantastic holiday, wherever you decided to travel to.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

kind regards,

Andrew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denham
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
De Vere Latimer Estate
De Vere Latimer Estate
#1 of 2 in Chesham
Crowne Plaza Marlow

Been to Denham Grove? Share your experiences!