“Peaceful location, tired rooms. Needs refurbishment.”
Review of Denham Grove

Denham Grove
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denham
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip. Nice location in quiet side of Denham. Clean surroundings, bars and lobby and nice service and good food on restaurant. But the room... really tiny tired old room long and dark corridors away from lobby. Sewer smell in bathroom, old furniture, dark room. Nowhere near worth of 110 GBP. Perhaps there are better rooms in this hotels and i was just unlucky.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
conway_chris, Front of House Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Sisuman,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts of Denham Grove on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you found the food, service and surroundings pleasant. I am of course disappointed to learn that you found the bedroom “tired”. We are investing money in our bedrooms and as I have mentioned in previous responses we do operate a pro-active maintenance and refurbishment programme around the property.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I hope to see this venue have a high level clean and a refurbishment in 2014. Is this something that you have scheduled for next year? do you have regular team meetings with your cleaners and maintenance teams?

1. Black shoe marks on the skirting boards in lounge
2. Marks on walls
3. The bathrooms have calcium build up on ALL the taps especially by the princess suite and the bathroom close to the lounge
4. The ceiling lights are clear plastic with dead bugs visible.
5. The carpet needs cleaning
6. The walls are in need of a re-paint
7. The Princess suite is in need of a refurbishment, especially the ceiling and the blue curtains.
8. The Gym is very dated.
9. The reception area is lovely
10. The Bar and Restaurant is lovely and very well maintained.
11. The tables and chairs outside are not maintained.
12. All public bathrooms are dated and in need or a refurbishment.

I would say that the whole place needs some more TLC ready for 2014. You can clearly see some places are worn out. I have stayed at many De vere venues and The Denham Grove should not be part of the group. I am unsure why management have not noticed the above.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Dianne1234913,

Thank you for your review of Denham Grove.

The items that you list have been noted and addressed. We do operate a pro-active maintenance and refurbishment programme, but as I am sure you can appreciate it does take time to reach all parts of the hotel. To be more specific in relation to some of the points you mention, we have since invested in new curtains for the Princess Suite, conducted a full carpet clean with an external contractor and ready for next year’s warmer weather are re-varnishing all of our outdoor furniture.

Thank you for noting the positive points also and thank you again for leaving your thoughts of your stay at Denham Grove.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I plus our 2 young children stayed here for 1 night. It was a bargain for £20! We had a great ground floor room which had a door onto the grounds so the kids could run about. The room was large- king size bed, sofa plus a cot and z bed. Loads of room. Bathroom was pokey and it was difficult to wash the kids in the bath. The service from the reception staff was poor. I rang reception to ask a question about the pool, he told me to go read a particular sign. I politely told him I couldn't leave my kids and asked him to call back but he didn't. I later walked past reception and caught him playing on his phone. The pool was ok, the changing area isn't suitable for families. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was nice and service good.

• Stayed: August 2013
conway_chris, Front of House Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Kate5491,

Thank you for sharing your experience of De Vere Venues Denham Grove with the TripAdvisor community.

I am so sorry that you found the service from the gentleman on Reception rude and unhelpful, this is just unacceptable and I have re-trained the leisure time information to the team.

I am however pleased to read that you found your bedroom great and that you enjoyed having access to the grounds that surround Denham Grove. I have shared your feedback with our Food & Beverage Manager regarding service and quality of food in the restaurant so that he can share this with his team.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Denham Grove again in the future.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night and feel that it is worthy of recommendation. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. The room was nice, perhaps a bit on the small side but cannot complain for the special price which I paid. Hotel is clean and feels well looked after. Convenient location for getting to a number of places in the North London area.

There is a pool, didn't use it but looks nice.

Overall, would recommend and would stay again if in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Matt D,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor – we do appreciate all the feedback we receive.

I am so pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found the staff helpful and welcoming. It is also nice to read that you would recommend us and that you would stay with De Vere Venues Denham Grove again.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Being very close to Heathrow airport makes it a great place for international gatherings and conferences. In the middle of forrest, one gets a feeling being quite away from city and commotion, even if you are short cab ride away from subway/train line to London and Uxbridge. Reminder that you are close to busy life are regular plane and chopper sounds in neighborhood.
No pubs in walking distance apart from hotel bar, which holds quite nice selection of beers and spirits.
Rooms are nice and clean, but small comparing to American and chain hotels. Little bit more of maintenance would be welcomed. No air condition in case you end up coming here in summer/hot days.
Food is good, although nothing stellar.
Swimming pool and fitness center are nice.
Overall nice place for business meetings and short stays.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
conway_chris, Front of House Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Trogirani,

Thank you for your review of De Vere Venues Denham Grove – we do find all the feedback we receive helpful.

I am pleased you enjoyed your business stay with us recently and were able to make use of the facilities at the property. It is nice to read that you enjoyed the food and found a good selection of choice available in the bar.

Being so close to Heathrow Airport is a real asset for our business guests, but nice that our guests are able to enjoy the peaceful grounds as we are lucky not to suffer from too much noise pollution from the airport.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope to welcome you back to De Vere Venues Denham Grove again in the near future.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We use the hotel regularly and have never been disappointed. Great service, good rooms, food consistent and staff brilliant.

The setting is good-up a quiet lane away from traffic and noise. Hotel has a parkland around it with lawns gardens and woods. clean warm pool and modern gym.

My wife heard that she had lost her elderly and infirm Mother-in-law while we were staying: a bouquet of flowers and condolences in the room!

Good place ; and a bit unusual in its thoughtfulness toward guests.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want; they are very obliging if there is choice. Book early to get choice..
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear julien K,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with fellow TripAdvisor members – we do appreciate all the feedback we receive.

I am so pleased that you enjoy staying with us at De Vere Venues Denham Grove and that you find the service great and the food and quality consistent.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to continue welcoming you to De Vere Venues Denham Grove over the coming months.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was checked in a timely manner but was disappointed once i was arrived in my room
you could clearly see that a shelf was missing as there was wall studs still in the wall the cleanliest was questionable at time as me and my partner was only left one cup to use to brush our teeth where as you could see water marks clearly around the bathroom
it seems to me that Devere Venues is fantastic if you get the luxury rooms but not if you get the double rooms but what can you say if you get it at a budget. I would say that the whole place needs some more TLC as you could clearly see some places were worn out like the swimming pool as it needs more cleaning around the sides where you can see a white scum mark which deterred me and my partner from going near, also you need to have great care with the handle on the sauna as the screw does get very hot and cant be seen very well in the dark

all in all it was a nice place to stay but keep your common senses about you and look out for the small things that might have been missed in the tidy up

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear fonglong,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts of De Vere Venues Denham Grove with the TripAdvisor community.

I am sorry that you felt the venue requires extensive TLC, we are in the process of conducting a refurbishment programme, but as I am sure you can imagine this kind of work does take some time to complete. Some of the points you make have been brought to our attention already and we have since taken corrective action to ensure these issues are resolved.

Thank you again for your review and if you are in the area again I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Front of House Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denham
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
De Vere Latimer Estate
De Vere Latimer Estate
#1 of 2 in Chesham
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel

Been to Denham Grove? Share your experiences!