“What a lovely weekend.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denham
Crawley, United Kingdom
“What a lovely weekend.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Well, what a bargain we had for the bank holiday weekend! took up Devere's offer of a couple of nights for £10 per person per night, added breakfast both mornings, all for £76 squids for both of us! Lovely Jubbly. We had Dinner the first evening and it was OK, cost extra, but the menu could have had more choice, the Breakfast however was outstanding, buffet style so just help yourself, shame I'm on a bit of a diet! The room although a bit small was comfortable and the Bed was ZZZZZZZZZZZZ lovely, I dont normally sleep much first nights from home but had plenty of Zs this weekend. the pool and sauna were excellent, 4 out of 5 as the jacuzzi was not working.The staff were very helpfull and polite and made us feel at home, unfortunately one of the breakfast waitreses was having a bad day on the Sunday, perhaps she was late for Church she was much better on Monday, we did not let her bad day bother us. All in all we hade a lovely restfull weekend and we would definitely stay at Denham Grove again.

Room Tip: We had a room upstairs close to the pool, which was very conveniant as we could nip in and out whene...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
conway_chris, Front of House Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Frank E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts of Denham Grove on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read your review and learn that you had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend.

I was pleased to read that you found the bed lovely and the breakfast outstanding – I have passed your dinner and breakfast comments to our kitchen and restaurant teams who enjoy reading all the feedback they receive. My apologies that the jacuzzi was out of order, unfortunately there was a problem with one of the regulatory devices and so we took the decision on health and safety grounds to close it.

It was nice to hear you had a lovely and relaxing stay and found the staff polite and helpful. It was particularly nice to read that the staff made you feel like you were at home.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts of Denham Grove on TripAdvisor and I hope to welcome you to the hotel again the near future.

Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Have stayed here several times, always in a family group. There are some huge rooms in one block, that easily sleep 2 adults and 2 kids...more like a junior suite. They have French doors leading out to acres of stunning grounds.
Large swimming pool complex with spa bath and sauna, as well as a well equipped gym.
Nice bar, with pool table.
Always a great welcome from the helpful front desk staff! In fact, all the staff are very firendly.
Breakfast buffet (extra charge) is very good with a wide choice, and freshly cooked.

Only downside is the dinner service...this hotel is very busy with weddings and groups, and the kitchen is often stretched (we waited two hours for our dinner to be served one night). So check this first, before leaving it too late to order food. However, there are some excellent restaurants on the nearby Denham area, including two good Thai and a fish restaurant.

Room Tip: larger family rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hip_and_Funky
Dear Hip_and_Funky,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of Denham Grove on TripAdvisor – we really do appreciate all the feedback we receive.

It sounds like you have enjoyed staying with Denham Grove in the past and enjoyed your experience with us; this is of course always nice to read. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and found the service across the hotel friendly and helpful – I have displayed your feedback so that all the staff can read your review.

I was sorry to read that you had such a long wait at dinner – this is not our normal service standard and falls way below our standard of service – please accept my apologies for this element of your stay, on this occasion we let you down.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we will see you again in the future.

hertfordshire
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on the bank holiday weekend. Location was lovely and the grounds are beautiful. The room was clean and had enough room for our 5 year old daughter to have her own camp bed next to us. Breakfast was delicious and the service from the young boy serving was brilliant. He was very attentive and cleaned our things away very promptly.
Had a really lovely stay and my daughter loved the pool. We'll be coming back!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mrsbeds,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community.

It sounds from your review that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed using the facilities. It was a pleasure to read that you found breakfast delicious and that you are thinking of a return stay.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to welcome you back to the Denham Grove in the very near future.

Minehead, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Check in was quick, but we had pre-paid & Reception re authorised our card for full amount, our room was fine, clean & everything worked, we were upstairs which we like & window opened & it was very quiet, room radiator was very efficient, but bathroom radiator didn't work.
We were there for a Wedding & stayed 2 nights, Breakfast was OK but staff didn't seem to be on top of things - ran out of tea-pots - fried eggs sitting in their fat - why can't they just cook you an egg at the servery ? Toast machine was broken, they had put out a 2 slice toaster for whole of breakfast serving, had to ask twice for hot water & on our second morning all we got was a "cup" of tea, still no tea-pots in evidence, then when we asked for hot water ( twice again ) it came out in a tea-pot !! The fruit ran out & wasn't replenished, someone needs to pull a few strings here !!
We did use the swimming pool & sauna & they were fine & clean & we had no problems with Bar, check-out was quick & easy & our card problem at check-in was sorted with no fuss.
The Wedding all went off well, but very long winded, long wait between Marriage & food.

An enjoyable stay - sort out breakfast & it will be fine & Yes we would stay again.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room well away from everything.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
conway_chris, Front of House Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear WyomingCowgirl947,

Your feedback is appreciated and thank you for sharing your thoughts of Denham Grove with fellow TripAdvisor members.

With regards to some of the points you raise – the reason we do not cook eggs to order is this can be quite time consuming and we have learnt through experience that this increases the time our guests have to wait and so batch cook eggs to ensure an efficient Breakfast experience. The toaster has since been repaired and we have also taken on-board your comments as well as those made by other guests and have purchased more tea pots. I have investigated with the Food and Beverage Manager and Head Chef in relation to items running low and items running out on the buffet, through this exercise we have identified some staff training needs.

Weddings can be long days sometimes, however, all the timings are discussed with and agreed by the Bride and Groom, with every wedding party having different wishes. I have also investigated were you were authorised on arrival. As I do not have access to your booking I cannot say for sure, but as you stay was part of a wedding party, it would be unlikely that you paid in advance for your accommodation as your credit/debit card details are only taken as a guarantee at the reservation stage, with full payment being taken on departure from the hotel.

I was pleased to read that you would consider staying with us again in the future and that the team on the front desk were able to resolve the authorisation issue on check-out. I do hope the issues you had during your stay did not spoil what I have heard was a memorable and enjoyable day.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and I hope to welcome you back to De Vere Venues Denham Grove in the very near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We booked 1 night online good value @ £39 for double room. Good breakfast buffet service, only £7.50. Clean room, good standard and modern, comfy bed, decent bathroom. Good facilities in hotel, staff efficient and pleasant, lounge bar food good standard and fair prices. Overall very good and will use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Craigside,

We very much appreciate the feedback we receive, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community.

It sounds like you had a wonderful stay and found the hotel comfortable and the staff pleasant; this is of course always nice to read. I have shared your feedback with all the teams at Denham Grove.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to De Vere Venues Denham Grove in the future and thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights April 19th-21st. Got a room from the sale so only paid £20 per night. We were checked in very quickly and went straight to our room on the ground floor. We'd been given a family room (room no 4) and it was lovely! spacious, big bed (although down side they were 2 singles pushed together to look like a king size) lounge area with sofa and comfy chair with tv. The bathroom was standard size for hotel room but nicely decorated and the shower was a nice big rainfall shower head. The room was clean, comfy and very big.

We had breakfast 1 morning which was nice, but quite expensive. The grounds were lovely, as was the swimming pool and sauna.

I would go back again without hesitation.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jones001,

Many thanks for providing your feedback of your recent stay at De Vere Venues Denham Grove.

It was a pleasure to read that you had such an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us and enjoyed your breakfast. We take great pride in the grounds that surround the hotel and these look lovely particularly when the seasons change.

I do hope you will consider Denham Grove in the future and thank you again for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at De Vere Saturday - Monday. We were checked in pleasantly and told our room was in the courtyard. Which in itself didn't look to appealing.

My husband was more optimistic than me however his views soon changed. We got to our room & the heaters were on full so we went to open the window. The fall down blinds had mould on them and the windows looked old. There was a crack in the wall & a large hole in the ceiling where the pipes came through to the heaters down the side of the room. I was fearful there may be all sorts crawling through and then saw a spider on the wall. There were cob webs which looked like they had been half brushed off the wall. The bed side tables and telephone was covered in dust, it made me sick placing any of my items down.

The bathroom was ok, it was bearable. I cleaned the toilet roll holder with my face wipe and noticed a load of dust cleared off. The carpets looked unclean and not so great. The ironing board was stained and I didn't want to place my new top on their whilst ironing.

This has to be the worst hotel I have stayed in and me and my husband were eager to get out in the morning and took our time in coming back in the evening simply so we spent as little time as possible in that room.

The walls are very thin, u hear the water running in the next room to all conversations. There was a wedding at the hotel and loud music played until 1am. We weren't made aware of this when checking in and called reception to be told that they will check if all doors and windows are closed to prevent as much noise as possible however this didn't happen, I was too tired and just fell asleep.

This did not feel like a hotel, I would never go back although we paid peanuts for this hotel. I have wanted to visit De Vere however Denham Grove has put me off in ever wanting to stay at De Vere again.

All those people who have had communication with management following their poor stay, I can confirm little has changed and the conditions remain poor!

• Stayed April 2013
conway_chris, Front of House Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear SharonD88,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of Denham Grove with the TripAdvisor community.

I am sorry to learn that you had a disappointing stay with us and it has left you feeling that you do not wish to visit Denham Grove or De Vere Venues again in the future. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues that occurred during your stay.

I have raised the Housekeeping and Maintenance issues with the relevant department managers to ensure these points are actioned. The issues you describe in your review are wholly unacceptable and do not reflect our normally high standards. I do not have a record of these items being raised to the front desk team, but we are committed to ensuring every guest departs the hotel having enjoyed their stay. Any items that are brought to our attention are reacted to quickly to ensure our guests have a relaxing and comfortable stay.

I would like to learn more about your experience of Denham Grove and would be most grateful if you contacted me to discuss this further as we do take all feedback, be it good or bad very seriously and use it to build on our service offering and to improve were we may have failed.

Thank you again for providing your feedback and I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Front of House Manager

Travelers are raving about these Denham hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denham
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Travelodge Uxbridge Central
Ethorpe Hotel
Ethorpe Hotel
#2 of 5 in Gerrards Cross

Been to Denham Grove? Share your experiences!