“Great Value”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denham
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Great Value”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I got a terrific late reservation deal for this hotel on a Sunday night. Sure, the place needs a bit of updating, but great location, blissfully peaceful, and fab breakfast, so no complaints from me.
Staff were friendly and attentive,and I'll certainly be back, so long as it stays cheap!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bloggster2016
conway_chris, Front of House Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Bloggster,

Thank you for taking the time to write of your recent experience when staying with De Vere Venues Denham Grove.

It was great to read that you found the team friendly and attentive – they were most pleased when I shared this feedback with them.

We are currently assessing the condition of the hotel to prioritise areas of improvement – so hopefully if you make a return visit to us you will see an improvement in this area.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to Denham Grove in the near future.

Chris Conway
Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I first discovered Denham Grove just over a year ago when I needed somewhere to stay near Uxbridge. I'm not a fan of booking hotels in the middle of the city where you have to pay extra for parking, etc so the Devere was ideal for me as it is just a short drive into the centre of Uxbridge, it has Free parking and just as importantly to me it has Free WIFI. The room rates were more or less on a par with most of the others that I looked at in the area although the Devere had the added advantage in that it had a Free swimming pool, Sauna and Steam room which is just what you need after spending the day in a stuffy office being brain washed on H&S.

When we last stayed there in January this year they appeared to be a bit short staffed (probably due to the heavy snowfall), the collection of used room service trays was a bit neglected and there was crockery the corridors for over 24 hours as a result, a couple of the bar staff also seemed to be suffering from sense of humour failure, although I do not remember this from my previous stays and it would definitely not put me off if I'm ever in the area again. The Devere is a big hotel which it is starting to look a little bit tired in places, but on the whole it is a clean, comfortable and very handy hotel. I wouldn't go there for a special trip but it defiantly worth considering if you just need a sound base as it has everything that you need at no extra hidden costs.

Dear Wanderer2709,

Many thanks for taking the time to write of your experience on TripAdvisor – it is very much appreciated.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, such as; the swimming pool, sauna and the free WiFi.

With regards to the comments you make about the condition of the hotel, this is something we are addressing with a programme of pro-active maintenance and refurbishment to ensure our appearance is at its best. I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage Manager who has installed new several daily checks to ensure room service trays are not left in the corridors.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write and it was lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will consider us again the future when you are visiting the area.

Chris Conway
Front of House Manager
Llandudno, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here through business with 4 other females and arrived late on a Friday evening. The hotel has 'energy stations' - on tap coke, coffee, tea and snacks. Apologies to all guests that night if our overexcited squeals disturbed you!
The only negative aspect of our stay - would have given 5 stars otherwise - was the guy who checked us in to our '3 x double rooms'. We said that they should be twins, and he said something along the lines of 'tough, there is nothing we can do about it now'. Fortunately, the beds were split.
The rooms were nice, big, squishy beds and really good meals. Horrified at how much weight I put on this weekend!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a balcony, and it appeared at no extra cost. Some rooms also appeared to have a terr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Becky H
whitejo, General Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Becky H,

Thank you so much for your kind review of your recent stay with us in Denham Grove.

I am delighted to know that you and your colleagues enjoyed your stay with us, particularly that you loved our energy stations so much. These are firm favourites with our regular guests and we try really hard to ensure we offer a great variety of healthy (and some not so healthy!) snacks and treats. I am really pleased you were able to indulge!

Thank you for also bringing your arrival experience to my attention. This is very simply unacceptable and I have followed this up with our Front of House Manager to investigate this thoroughly. We genuinely care about our guest experience and this is certainly not typical of the service I expect of my team.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2013

A one-night stay only on what turned out to be one of the snowiest nights of the winter. The hotel was difficult to find (some directional signs in the nearby village from de Vere would be useful). Once there however we were extremely impressed with all the staff that we came across, very helpful and courteous at all times. Our room (in the courtyard rather than the main hotel) was excellent (though pillow quality was not consistent). The pool complex was superb (aren't saunas meant to be uncomfortable? - see previous commentator). Our one disappointment was the lack of a full restaurant service (bar menu only) - why wasn't this mentionned on the website (ps: a mention on the website of the early check out time would have been appreciated too).

Room Tip: We recommend courtyard room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bantam_10
Dear Bantam_10,

Thank you so much for your review on our Trip Advisor site, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do normally operate a full restaurant service, alongside a menu option within our bar and lounge area. However on very rare occassions when the venue is quiet, we combine the menu which I hope you found still offered a wide variety of choices from steaks, pastas and traditional home-made favourites such as fish and chips, pie and mash etc.

There were a couple of days in the past month due to adverse weather when many guests were unable to make it for their reservation, hence we chose to combine the dining options. Of course, we should have made you aware of this prior to your arrival and I have certainly taken that feedback on board.

I really do hope you will choose to visit us again in Denham Grove and thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

Warwick, England
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Average rooms, average,unimaginative food, average price for the area. Nice swimming pool, cold jacuzzi, uncomfortable sauna. An internet connection that is so slow you don't want to use it.

There is nothing wrong with this hotel and yet there is nothing special about it neither. Maybe as a conference hotel, this is fine - it will certainly not ruin your conference. The rooms are smaller than the b&b next door, but for twice the price.

The bar food is expensive - I paid £38 for nachos, burger and three medium glasses of wine. The burger was over-cooked and the wine was, well average - but expensive.

No need to rush back

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
whitejo, General Manager at Denham Grove, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear saltytowers,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your recent experience and views of Denham Grove.

I am of course disappointed to read that you feel our service and facilities are only adequately average. We strive very hard to try and really take care of our guests and ensure they have an experience that is far above average. To read this was your experience really does spur us on to ensure we make further improvements to stand out to our guests.

I would very much like to discuss your stay with us in further detail and to gain a better insight into how we could improve beyond average, so would be extremely grateful if you could contact me directly.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you.

Warm regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Thankfully I didn't need to pay for this overnight stay, but I've made it clear to our client that in future we'll arrange accommodation and we'll completely avoid Denham Grove.

Here's why:
- the room was very dirty. The carpet was badly stained around the bathroom door and, bizarrely, a guitar plectrum had obviously been missed by the housekeeper's vacuum cleaner. A cobweb floated freely from the headboard
- the room was small to the point that you couldn't properly pull the chair out from the desk without it hitting the bottom of the bed
- the bathroom was very dirty; soap scum around the bath taps, dust on the radiator, a pubic hair in the sink and hair around the edge of the bath
- only one bath towel and one hand towel was supplied, which is unfortunate if you wish to have more than one shower during your stay. No face cloths.
- the window didn't close properly, which - again - is unfortunate given the temperatures outside (mid-January)
- the bar/lounge area was cold
- the cooked food was lukewarm at breakfast

For a Devere group hotel, I was disappointed and in future when I visit Denham on business I'll be finding alternative accomodation.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room with a balcony.
1 Thank MarkH72
Dear MarkH72,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of Denham Grove.

I am extremely disappointed to read your comments as this is genuinely not the usual standard of service, cleanliness or care that we show our guests. I am very keen to discuss this in further detail and would be grateful if you would contact me directly so that I can apologise to you in person and most importantly assure you this is a one-off.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to Denham Grove and really do hope you will contact me directly.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Joanne White

Travelers are raving about these Denham hotels

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We got a contract in the locality and needed somewhere to stay for a few months. Most of the local hotels serve Heathrow: we tried a few. Short term,no welcome, no investment in people or service.

De Vere however has been outstanding! The location in park lands is wonderful. The facilities; pool, gym, restaurant, parking and rooms all first class. Best of all we have had an outstanding welcome from the staff: all of them, from the boss whom we met on day one, and Joe, the deputy, to the cleaners and bar staff.

It's a happy place and great base from which to work in west London. Or to trip up town; the nearest railway station is five mins down the road.

Great place=superb staff!

Room Tip: All the ones we've tried were of a standard. Good disabled access. Our fav's were in the mai...
Dear julien k,

Thank you so much for your very kind Trip Advisor review.

I am absolutely delighted you are staying with us on such a regular basis now and that you feel this is the perfect base for you. We really do understand how difficult it is to be away from home and I hope in Denham Grove - you have found a "home from home" - as we really do love having you stay with us!

Thank you again for such a lovely review.

Joanne White
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denham
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Premier Inn Uxbridge Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
#2 of 6 in Uxbridge

Been to Denham Grove? Share your experiences!