“Lovely B&B”
Review of Tilehouse Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Denham
Tilehouse Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Denham B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My 2 children and i stayed at Tilehouse Lodge For 2 nights in December 2012. The location of the b&b was lovely and quiet, on a little country lane. Louisa the owner was a great lady, who was very helpful and made us very welcome. Our room was a double en-suite,very,very cosy and warm, and was furnished to a high standard. Tea, coffee & biscuits were always re stocked in the room daily, which was lovely after a very cold day out !! Breakfast was good, there was different cereals to choose from, toast, and Louisa would cook you a warm breakfast if you wished. We were able to come down for breakfast at 09.30, as we were in no rush, and louisa would kindly leave us to help ourselves, which was brilliant. This is a wonderful b&b and would not hesitate in staying again. Thanks, kind regards, Mrs Woodward & boys.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We spent a saturday night here and it is the best B&B we have stayed in. Really beautiful house and we were perfectly looked after. This is a really well run B&B and we will be going back next time we are going that way. Totally recommend it. Good breakfast too. Cooked to order. First class. Many thanks, Matthew,Eve and Alex.

Room Tip: just book, all the rooms will be good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at Tilehouse Lodge for a week-end, it was lovely, lovely detached house, chickens in
the garden, easy to park, spotless room, I paid £50 for two of us & feel it was a real bargain, the
boring hotel next door wanted £120 PLUS £30 for breakfast. The breakfast in Tilehouse Lodge
was plentiful & everything was clean, the owner, Louisa is a lovely lady who will do her best to
help, very very very comfortable & we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for directions as it can be hard to find, easy to find the road but not the Lodge it is two doo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I chose to stay here because of the opinions I read, but after having come I regreted the choice. I spent 4 nights at this hotel. The first night was super nice but unfortunately the problems started in the next morning. I asked the lady for the breakfast at 8 but she couldn't manage it. Another 3 mornings were the same despite the fact that she knew that I HAD to go at 8:30 out. What's more, the temperature in the rooms was aprox. 15 degrees which means that water in the bathroom was as cold as possible (beacuse of the furnance). The lady was asked to make something with the problem, she promised to fix it but nothing happened. It was FREEZING everywhere. Getting back to cold water in bathroom... I had a room downstairs (third night) but (let's say) "hot" water was upstairs so the comfort of taking a shower was poor. I am taking into the consideration the fact that I am a woman so I had to walk through the all hall with my bath stuff which was full of people. When I finally took a shower it turned out that the towels are wet (they didn't get dry since the previous evening). Another annoying fact is that the lady had the tendency to forget about leaving the doors open/leaving the key in the key bowl when she finished cleaning; moreover, she didn't pick up the phone.
To sum up, the lady was very friendly, a lillte bit crazy but the service she offered was very poor; althought, the price was not low. The positive fact was the location and the place- this hotel is amazingly charming (ommiting spiders in the bathroom), well-decorated; the rooms look fantastic (I stayed in 3 rooms during this stay which also drove me crazy). Breakfast everyday was the same - let's say full English with tasty eggs, bacon, toasts and beans if like + tea, or - cornflakes. Nevertheless, it was tasty.
I was tired of absendmindedness, I won't go to Tilehouse lane again.
Unfussy hospitality? No wayyyyyyyyyyyy...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank andzia X
Tilehouse, Owner at Tilehouse Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

First of all, I would like state my concern that any of my guests feel inconvenienced and in this particular instance over any misconceptions caused by her perceived view of her stay, however I would like to take the time to address the points in turn.

• Breakfast

Breakfast starts at 7.30am, there is self service breakfast available for guests leaving earlier. I was told the guest wanted breakfast at 8:00am. I started to prepare breakfast at 8:00am but was then informed she wanted her breakfast cooked and on the table for 8:00am. Unfortunately I was unaware of this as I had not been told the previous evening. All my other guests have tea/coffee/juice, toast and cereal whilst I cook breakfast to their preference. The following day I was three minutes late, I remember this as the lady’s partner rather forcefully reminded me!

• Heating & cold water

The lady mentions there is a heating/plumbing issue at Tilehouse Lodge. I have hundreds of reviews on various sites, yet not ONE mentions the lodge is cold, I think says it all. We have a brand new top of the range mega flow system which is capable of servicing double the capacity of the B&B. There is constant hot water in all of the rooms. Moreover, I did not promise to fix “the problem” but said I’d look into it while they were out, which I did and did not find any faults. I informed the guests of this on their return. If there had of been any further issues, I’m sure I would have been informed later.

My service was apparently very poor. I honestly have no idea why she would say this. The lady was part of a group of four. I allowed all four of them to store their food in my personal fridge and to cook dinner in my kitchen. I then washed all the pots, pans, plates etc. Furthermore, I let them sit in my dining room throughout the entire evening which meant me having to wait up for them to leave so I could prepare the room for the morning. I also offered them a lift to work as they did not have a car. It was very inconvenient for me, but I presumed I was offering good customer service! I am shocked over these comments considering that I provided a service far and above what is expected from a B&B.

• Changing rooms

The lady has commented that she had to change rooms 3 times. The original booking was a late booking and the guest was FULLY aware of the conditions of her stay prior to arrival. Due to the late booking request I was unable to provide 2 en-suite rooms for the full 4 days stay and consequently she moved from an en suite, to a double with shared bathroom back to the en suite.

• Price

The lady stated the price was not low/too high. For the record the rate the lady paid was £60 for a double ensuite with a cooked breakfast for two. That is the cheapest price you would find anywhere in Denham and this is a fact. I take pride in insuring my rooms are not overpriced and again, you will notice this from many other of my reviews.

I understand that every hotel/guest house experiences problems from time to time and your reviews can not always be perfect, however I can not accept that my customer service was poor or any of the other blatant lies this guest felt like writing. I will never understand her motives, I can only guess she just didn’t like me!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I spent a single night at Tilehouse Lodge on our way to London. We decided on the area as we needed to be in West London the following morning and for this, Tilehouse Lodge was ideal. The owner was friendly and welcoming and the room we had was a good size with quality furnishings.

The only real downside for us was the acoustics of the house. Our door faced onto a mezzanine landing that overlooked the front entrance and unfortunately any front door openings and discussions were very apparent in our room. Also there were some heated, or perhaps just enthusiastic, conversations going on in the room below us and the noise was a bit intrusive.

All of that said, when the evening was over the house was quiet and we both enjoyed a good night's sleep.

Breakfast the next day was substantial and the bacon was delicious - crispy, just as it should be.

The location of the property is excellent. The rural surroundings were a pleasant surprise given the proximity to London and the local village was a delight. We had a drink and a meal in the Green Man, which I can recommend as a friendly place.

It's also worth mentioning the price of Tilehouse Lodge. We paid £65 and could easily have paid £20+ in other nearby establishments. As such I think it offers good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UK_Author
Reviewed October 10, 2012

When arriving at the b&b I was doubled booked because of a new staff member.
The owner was very apologetic and arranged for me to stay in the hotel opposite at an extra expense to the owner of Tilehouse.
The second night I stayed in Tilehouse and the room was lovely and so was the breakfast.

The owner was very friendly and everything was clean and neat.
As I travel around the UK for pressure washing I have stayed in a lot of different places. Considering the b&b is close to London, the rates are great for the high quality of the place.

I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jetterman
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Slight Fawlty Towers booking process as the mobile phone number was missing in action and when we arrived late at night, having warned them of our arrival time, took a couple of calls to locate someone to let us in but once we met Louise all was forgiven. Such a warm welcome and a gorgeous home.

We were shown upstairs to our room which was lovely and clean and decorated to a high standard. Quick shower and to the comfy bed to watch the Freeview TV which has plenty of channels.

Breakfast was a relaxed affair and I like the way it is set up so you get your own drinks, toast etc instead of having to wait for the kitchen. A nice clean 'fry up' arrived within 15 minutes of us sitting down and it was just enough to set us up for the day. Only comment would be a radio in the breakfast room to avoid those long silences with other guests :-)

When we paid I still expected to hear that the price was per person and not per room. I want to recommend Tilehouse but I also want no one else to know about it so there will a room available for us next time we venture down that way!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple