“Fodd is good but not awesome”
Review of Sa Lolla

Sa Lolla
Ranked #6 of 78 Restaurants in Wageningen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have visited this restaurant several times, oddly, none of these times was my own personal choice. I have tried italian food in a lot of places, although I can say the food here is good, I can't say is very good. Pizzas are not the best in the area (for italian pizza in Wageningen I would recommend Da Martini on Tarthorst).The pasta... well, it's also nice but... I cinstantly feel is missing something. In general, I think the food is overpriced when you look at the taste-money reatio. The athmosphere is good.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

At lest pizzas are really nice! One tip: book in advance!:)

Reviewed February 15, 2012

For people who love Italian food this is the right place. Nice atmosphere (a bit loud sometimes), cosy, but the people working there are not friendly. That does not stop me from going there relative often, because the food is jamjam.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have been to Sa Lolla twice now. The first time I went, I promised myself I would never go back because the owner was quite rude (I see that others have had a similar experience with him), and made my friends and I feel very unwelcome. I returned again this Saturday night, and had a fairly pleasant experience. Interactions with the owner were still less than welcoming (he is very abrupt), but the food and the rest of the waiters are nice. They seem short-staffed, however, and we had to wait a long time to be served, and also to order. I ordered the spaghetti vongola, at the recommendation of the waiter, and it was delicious. My friend ordered the gorgonzola pizza, and it was not very good, with the "gorgonzola" occupying only a small area on one side of the pizza, rather than being spread around evenly. Rather expensive, but that is typical for Holland. My overall conclusion about the restaurant is that there are a few shining stars on the menu, but some dishes are made without care and rather sloppily. I can heartily recommend their ice cream and cappucinos for dessert.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

This is the best Italian Resturant in the walk-around shopping region in Wageningen. It is Italian owned and all the food is made from scratch. Nice Family atmosphere! Prices very reasonable. There is a huge pizza menu, along with specialties in class Italian dish. Don't pass this up!

1  Thank turncircles