“WHAT A LET DOWN”
Review of Urbano

Urbano
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Guildford, United Kingdom
“WHAT A LET DOWN”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very expensive. Initially waitresses and wine waiter were over us like a rash and then after the main course we were completely forgotten about for the best part of 25 minutes which ended with us leaving before receiving our sweet.............

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Valerie757

Wigan
“Hit and Miss with the food”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had three course menu, Fois gras (out of this world), Mallorcan Lamb (good, but had better at other local restaurants) and dessert (just OK).

Price was a little on the expensive side and the restaurant was a bit snobby.

i would prefer to go to Villa Italia with the view of the port any day.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Neil C
London, United Kingdom
“Restaurante EL PATIO, ANDRATX, MALLORCA, SPAIN”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have been to this restaurant a few times over the past 3 years and it has become of of our favourite ones on the island. We love the food and ambience, even though it is not near the sea. Today we went there for a tasting brunch menus, it was a journey through their menus in small portions and absolutely wonderful. Lets do it again and again. I hope it will be successful.
We will go back there in October as we will be travelling a lot between now and then.

We are pretty spoilt when it comes to fine dining and consider this among our favourite ones

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank INGRID K
Hamburg, Germany
“Good food, nice place...”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We´ve spent a few days in Puerto d´Antratx this month and went to this restaurant based on the tripadvisor reviews.
It is lokated right off the main road from Andratx to Puerto d`Andratx.
Everything has been redone recently and the house and interior is new and stylish with a nice patio which I am sure is very nice when it is warm enough to sit outside.

We were there on a Monday evening and there were only a few other guests at the next table. We were greeted politely and brought to our table.
We decided to not go for a 3 course menu but instead chose à la carte:
Salad and lobster ravioli as a main course; and lobster ravioli as a starter and a steak as a main course.
We´ve received an amuse gueule from the kitchen as well as a little hot ginger and lemon "soup" between courses.
The food was good (but for a partially sandy salad) and the service was polite and attentive.
Overall it is a very good restaurant but there were a few things that were bugging me which is why I can not give an excellent review:
1) Complimentary bread...not: It now seems to be common practice to charge for the bread which is brought to the table without asking. Here it is charged with 3 € per person which compared to the total price is not much but for an excellent I would have expected it to be included.
2) Food: As mentioned above - a little bit of sand in the salad. It can happen in the best of restaurants but it somehow ruins the dish even if it is the last bite.
Also the steak was a bit too raw though ordered medium.
The overall impression: Fresh ingredients, good taste but room for improvement.
3) Price: Comparing it to very good restaurants I´ve visited in my hometown Hamburg or elsewhere on the world this restaurant definitely is on the pricey side compared to the offered - even though this area of Mallorce might entail it.
4) Service: The service itself was great - there is nothing I could complain about really even though I would prefer it being a little more relaxed. However - from the waitor to the chef: Everyone was German and was speaking German. I might be picky but that was a bit overwhelming and if I would like to eat out in a German restaurant I could just stay home and not travel to Spain for it. If I am abroad I prefer having a local experience. So my recommendation: Get a multilingual Spanish receptionist that can converse in several languages - IF required.

Other than that it was a very nice evening but not entirely perfect for my liking.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank HHDeern
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“Top Food at Top Prices”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

El Patio is a super restaurant with wonderful food and wines. The service is very professional and attentive, although some would say a bit stuffy. Food quality and inventiveness though is, in my experience, unsurpassed. Jens and Manuella are just very good at their work.

Visited April 2012