“The food was great...”

Ranked #15 of 102 Restaurants in Hondarribia
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012

and the restaurant has a lovely ambience. However, we felt the charge of €1.50 each for a small piece of bread roll was excessive, although we should have realised when we were asked if we wanted bread!! Come on 'Sebastian' - what on earth are you playing at charging for bread??!! Food was delicious and unlike some other reviewers, we felt the portions were generous.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

After reading reviews on Tripadvisor we decided not to go to this restaurant but the parador insisted that this was the best in town. Sooo we went and were disappointed. Very little food on the plate, only a small piece of fish with mushrooms. The waiter never filled our glasses even though he was standing nearby doing nothing. There were many people from the parador in the restaurant so there must be some kind of arrangement .

We went to gran sol on San Pedro for tapas and it was great.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I visited this restaurant on Sunday night. It was one of only a few open. Staff were pleasant and decor was good. The fish soup was OK and the Hake was excellent but all on its own on the plate. I asked for an extra bread roll to mop up the juice of the fish and was told that they had none left.
The meal cost € 45 for soup, piece of fish, bread, water and wine. I felt this was a bit over the top for the quantity and quality.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I visited on our first night in Hondarribia. Found it out walking close to the Parador. Checked with parador receptionist,who recommended it also.
Five minutes down a quaint cobbled street.
Food terrific . I had a salmon starter, very good ingredients, my wife opened with the local seafood soup.
For mains I'd a tremendous loin of monkfish. Beautifully cooked, lightly sauced.
My wife had the solomillio, again very good ingredients.
A bottle of Rioja and a bottle of "Sidra" recommended by one of the two cheerful but busy waitresses and a rather quirky dessert, lemon sorbet in gin and tonic and we finished.
One tip though is to book. Numerous couples or groups turned away the night we were there.
All in all, a great spot and a fine dinner.
Sometimes pricey can also be good value; this was one of those occasions

1  Thank Nick B
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The restaurant is in an old tobacco shop and is beautifully set up with white tablecloths, silver tableware, sparkling glasses, low lights, flowers and candles. Perfect for a romantic evening. The food is very good but we were disappointed with the service. We were left waiting for 30 minutes before anyone came near us - not even eye contact and no apology!

1  Thank Cheryl S