“Unexpected luxury in a beautiful mountain village” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Casa Noble

La Casa Noble
Ranked #1 of 2 Aracena B&B and Inns
Andalucia
“Unexpected luxury in a beautiful mountain village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

In a quiet, cobbled street in the white mountain village of Aracena we discovered ‘La Casa Noble’. It’s much more than a boutique Bed and Breakfast, it’s a beautifully restored and welcoming home with lots of character and style.
Once in our room I thought I just have a few minutes lying down – but once I was on the bed I didn’t want to get up again! The bed was really comfy, with a large mattress covered with luxurious downy, embracing topper – just like in a really upscale hotel.
The linens and decorative fabrics were really lovely - overall all the room was very welcoming and comfortable.
The bathroom was immaculate and had lots of Molton Brown toiletries, and in the wardrobe were large slippers and thick cotton robes – again, as in a posh hotel.
It was so unexposed to find this kind of luxury in a small Andalusian mountain village. I was there to explore the interior of Huelva province and owner Melanie arranged for us to tour a local ‘jamon’ estate and see how the world-famous local artisan ham is produced.
Later we all met up on the terrace, together with a couple of fellow guests that checked in at the same time as us. Looking out as the sun set over the village, we all enjoyed some local gourmet ham and sipped manzanilla sherry – heaven! This led to tapas in the village, and a really fun evening out.
Melanie is a great host, arranging for activities and tours as well making this elegant home feel welcoming and friendly.

Room Tip: From what I could see, and from our room, they are much bigger than they appear in the photographs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew F
melaracena, Owner at La Casa Noble, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Hey there - What a fab review . . . and what a fab night it was. As we said around the table - serendipitous to be sure. Sometimes the stars align and all the right personalities find themselves around the same table over bottles of manzanilla and great jamón.
Thanks for adding to the experience for the other guests that evening with your smile, charm and wit . . . and fabulous tales of travel from all over the globe. (The point of the Tapas at Twilight experience).
I know that the breakfast table was full of different languages - but thanks to your open attitudes and spirit of fun, everyone was speaking the common language of travel experiences and new friendships.
We look forward to having you both back here again soon . . unit then - Happy Trails!
Besos
Melaniexx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had a wonderful time at La Casa Noble. The atmosphere of the casa is fantastic and the rooms of the house are designed carefully and with a lot of love and care of the details. The breakfast was delicious! The surrounding of the Casa is beautiful as well and we have visited the Romeroa Reina de Los Angeles. This was a very special experience! Melanie gave us useful tips about the local area and good food recommandations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
melaracena, Owner at La Casa Noble, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience and opinions with fellow travellers. It was a blast being able to share with you such an authentic Spanish celebration such as the Romeria. (not something the average tourist gets to share . . . especially from the back of a Carroza filled with friends and locals.)
We would love it if you could send us an email letting us know where we could have improved on our service, as we strive for nothing less than excellence at La Casa Noble. Anything that you could share as to how we can continue to improve on the experience for our future clients would be greatly appreciated.
I hope you enjoyed the photos that I sent through of the Romeria and the degustation dinner in Linares, I have a couple more that I will send hard copies of to you also.
Until the next time . . . or maybe at the Proef.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Difficult to add to previous rave reviews. A really great place to stay, I really don't want everybody to know about it! The rooms have been designed carefully and expertly. Saw a few rooms ,all spacious with lots of special/funky touches. Ambience of breakfast perfect. And Melanie. What can I say? Helpful x 10', walked us round town showing us what's what. Always on hand to mix a mean G&T and much more. Great wit and conversation. Please keep it all up for our next visit.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
melaracena, Owner at La Casa Noble, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to write the review. It was an absolute pleasure having you both here in my home . . . although far too short. It doesn't take much convincing to enjoy the terraces in the cool Summer nights so I was only too pleased to whip up the G&T's so I could sit and enjoy one in your pleasant company! Until the next time then . . . chin chin.!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a wonderful time at La Casa Noble, from the moment we arrived Melanie was on hand to help us plan our days, give useful tips about the local area and great food recommendations. We went for the 'complete package' and the food was delicious, from eggs benedict Casa Noble style, to beautifully creamy salmorejo and super tasty jamon iberico.

The whole house was beautifully decorated and a haven from the heat outside.We felt like old friends and the ability to mingle with the other guests over tapas, wine and a beautiful view was lovely, later on the bar downstairs was great with fabulous mojitos!

Only an hour from Seville it was really handy to be able to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and relax in such beautiful surroundings for a couple of nights. We cannot express enough how special La Casa Noble is, Melanie helps you create a holiday unique to you and touches like the Molton Brown goodies and the hot tub really make you feel pampered. Without a doubt the best accommodation we've ever been lucky enough to stay in.

Room Tip: Mariposa was beautiful, cool and had a little outdoor seating area adjacent to it and a whirl pool b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
melaracena, Owner at La Casa Noble, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Wow . . . . thats high praise from very seasoned travellers. I am so very glad that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. As short as it was, I think you managed to get the very best out of it - hitting al the highlights from the regions world famous jamón, to my less famous Eggs Benedict 'Serrano Style' and even finding time to relax in the jacuzzi.
I should be thanking you both - it is the personalities of each and every guest that makes this place special - being open to meet the other guests over tapas and share your own travel stories is as much a part of the special attention as anything I add . . . so right back at ya!
Until the next time our paths cross - Happy Trails! and thanks so much again for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers.
Cheers
Melanie
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at La Casa Noble the 3rd week of May this year. We stayed for 4 nights in the Mariposa suite.
From the very start it was a wonderful stay. Melanie really went the extra mile to look after us and make sure every need was met.
The room was lovely - clean and beautifully decorated - just the right temperature (one of the cooler rooms but it was quite hot outside when we were there so we were quite satisfied). Large wardrobe with ample room for unpacking properly. Ipod docking music system with a nice collection of CDs. The cutest bit was every night when we got back we found Magic Fairy Melanie had left little chocolates on our pillows (some nights I don't know when she did this because we had been hanging out with her, hence I think she has magic fairy powers).
The bathroom was quite luxurious with a jacuzzi bath. N.B. There's a fabric curtain between the room and the bathroom so not very soundproof ;-) - not a major problem, I just sent hubby out when I used the loo (we had a nice table and chairs on the terrace outside our room so when he was waiting he was comfortable :D. Nice plush towels, Molton Brown toiletries. Need I say more?
We had tapas at the hotel our first evening - a good time to do it since we were quite tired after travelling. It was lovely indeed, and included the Jamon Iberico de Bellota that Melanie gets from the Eiriz family's jamon factory (we visited them on our last day for a little tour and really recommend it; they are very humane and really care for their animals, and their products are very tasty indeed).
Melanie was brilliant at recommending places to eat and helping us make the best use of our limited time in Aracena. We hired a car so were quite flexible with travelling around. On our last day we chose to go on an easy hike to Corteconcepcion (where Eiriz jamon is) and Melanie was kind enough to bring us back.
Breakfast each morning was very good - different fruit every day with yogurt, freshly squeezed orange juice and croissants. We had the gourmet breakfast one day as well - Melanie made us her Spanish version of Eggs Benedict - tasty!
The bar next to the hotel (also owned by Melanie) is very good. David the bartender is very friendly. We loved the besos de chocolate.
I could go on forever but in summary: Wonderful host, lots to do even though it's a small place, amazing food both in-house and out, excellent bar, comfortable rooms with a personal touch. No complaints whatsoever.
I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and the whole experience that comes with it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anindita_hc
melaracena, Owner at La Casa Noble, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
What a complete and positive response! Thanks sooooo much for taking the time to write such a detailed review . . . . I am quite fond of the "Melanie Fairy" comment . . . I am very rarely described in such light and ephemeral terms ha ha. Given that you had so few days off to enjoy, I am thrilled that we were able to send you back refreshed and completely satisfied with your choice to come a little further than where the plane touched down. We strive to ensure that coming down the less beaten track is 100% worth the effort. Until next time we see you in this corner of the world - Happy Trails! Cheers, Melanie
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We agree with all previous reviewers. A stunning hotel, sympathetically restored. Aracena is a charming village and if you get the opportunity to go to Melanie's favourite restaurant in Lanares do not miss it. The carpaccio and revuelto were "to die for".

Melanie and Lynette were charming hosts and we will definitely stay at Casa Noble the next time we are in this region.

Patricia and Stephen

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
melaracena, Owner at La Casa Noble, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
I love it when people take the restaurant suggestions and then LOVE them . . . not that there is anything not to love about Arrieros in Linares.
It was a real pleasure hosting you and your friends for your all too short visit - there is still so much more to see here so I look forward to when you both have the time to come back and I can really help you explore this little corner of the world.
Thanks for taking the time to review La Casa Noble.
Until the next time - Happy Travels! Melanie
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

All I can do is confirm the other fantastic reviews of this beautiful hotel, and Melanie's hospitality. We booked the 'Town and Country Walking Package', and loved our cottage at the Molino Rio Alajar, with some fantastic walks right from our door. When we moved on to Casa Noble, it exceeded our (high) expectations; we'll never forget the few days we spent with Melanie and her mother. We are going to have to break our rule of 25 years never to repeat a holiday....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
melaracena, Owner at La Casa Noble, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
I am pleased that you are considering breaking that rule . . . we shall be here with the door wide open should you choose to do so. It was fabulous meeting you guys and having you in my home - both Mum and I enjoyed your company immensely. Thanks for taking the time to write the review - much appreciated. Until the next time our paths should cross - Happy Travels! Cheers Melanie