See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 28, 2016

I stayed at this hotel for three days, two nights in an economy bedroom with a king size bed. Although it's an older hotel, it has been renovated in recent years.
Positive things:
- clean rooms with nice furniture, a balcony and a tv
- you can get fresh towels every day
- you have lots of little stores in the lobby(clothing shop, souvenir shop..)
- nice staff at the reception
- the entry for the saunas is free for the hotel guests till 4pm
- in our price there was breakfast and dinner included and the food was good
- the park outside the hotel is lovely for taking a walk

Negative things
- pillows are not comfortable, too flat
- wifi not available in the rooms, only in the lobby
- the saunas are a bit small

I was there during the week when it's not too many people, on the weekends it can get a bit crowded in the pool.

Room tip: economy room with a king size bed
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SavaHotelsResorts, Manager at Hotel Izvir, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers.
We are pleased to hear of your mostly positive experience with many aspects of your stay. I however regret we could not fully meet your expectations, especially regarding the comfort. We will continue to put in our best efforts in order to ensure the best possible services for our guest

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2016

I were here with my husband and daughter (10 years old) between Christmas and NY.
We booked last minute throe hotel system and get very good prices (comparing with other hotels same range in Slovenia).
Hotel Izvir and hotel Radin are joined together, so they have same facilities as pools and dining room. So when you have to check in, there are no signs for Hotel Izvir from outside, just follow signs for Therme Radenci and you will come to reception which is same for Izvir and Radin.
As we were at period of year that is very busy, I can say that pools were a bit overloaded (we came at Sunday) also local people are probably there at weekends. On Monday it was much better. Outside pools in December are also great thing. Dining room was also a bit crowdy, but that doesn't matter as there is plenty of good quality food and service is rather fast, polite and efficient. I was a little bit concerned as I read also other reviews, but I had only nice and positive experience with all hotel stuff (waiters, cleaning ladies, receptionist...).
Wifi was available only in a lobby, so was a bit uncomfortable to bring a laptop there to answer my e-mails
Regarding room, we also have very good experience with room size as we get room + living room (with sofa-bed for our daughter) with a balcony. It was a little bit shabby but if I have a price on my mind, I was very happy. Also when we came, cleaning lady passed to check if we have extra-bed prepared and enough towels...

So I was very happy with food, service, cleanness...

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your comprehensive comment. Such feedbacks are of the utmost importance for us since they help us create best offers and services in accordance with the needs and wishes of the guests and at the same time help us detect any deficiencies.

We are very commited to guarantee a good value for our guests so we are happy you noticed so many positive aspects during your stay, especially the food and the service level quality, which are very important elements for every guest.

We hope to welcome you back to Zdravilišče Radenci in the nearest future!

Reviewed January 25, 2016

Me and my girlfriend went to hotel Izvir with mother. She had her own room. It was so small, that she must go backwards if she want to leave a room :) It's OK if the room is cheap, but it is very expencive for one person. The room was very very old (furniture...). Our room was biger but very dirty walls, it's not nice for the hotel like Izvir..... BUT, we like pools, you can choose the pool for swimming or just for enjoyment...the food...when we came the food is the best, on that day there were people from headoffice, but on the next days :( poor.....employee were very polite...

Date of stay: January 2016
SavaHotelsResorts, Manager at Hotel Izvir, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your views and experience from your recent stay in Zdravilišče Radenci. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with attentiveness of our team and enjoyed the pool area.

As goes for the rooms - in our hotels, guests can rent rooms of different sizes, economy rooms being the smallest ones. That's why we usually check with every guest at the point of reservation - what kind and size of room they would like to get, according to their wishes and needs (of course the price can vary accordingly). Please allow me also to mention that single rooms are in general more expensive than double rooms (per person), since there are certain expenses that are incurred in turning over the room: vacuuming, dusting, heat, etc. These stay the same regardless of how many people stay in the room.

I however regret to read that you felt like the food standard dropped over the days, we would really appreaciate some additional feedback on that so we can look into the matter.

Thank you for your feedback and with kindest regards,

Reviewed May 16, 2015

Its been a while since I visited hotel Izvir. However I think my input might help some potential guests to make their decision.

I spent fourthnight at this facility. It was kind a part of a convalescence program after my cardio event.

Although I was looking forward to staying at the hotel, I must say my happiness was short lived. After visiting my arrogant and unpleasant doctor, I went to my room, as I was absolved of any exercises for the first day. But the next morning, I went to the swimming pool and I was quite shocked by the behaviour of the staff that worked at the entrance. To make a long story short, it seems to me that the doctor grants visits to the swimming pool, then forgets to tell the patients or guests that they have to declare the changes at the reception first and then they can use the pool. Whatever the organisation at the hotel is, is none of my concern but I'm really a false address for someone to spill their frustration on. I wanted to say to the lady that I hadn't been born with telepathic abilities and I could comprehend only what was spoken to me, but I just bit my lip.

The next day I was tricked by a therapist to have an unscheduled foot massage before the planned gymnastics. She assured me there was adaquate time. ( one more gullible novice to re-schedule, and I'm free all morning, she must have been thinking) . Do I need to tell you that I was late for the gymnastics and was scolded like a school boy. The problem is that i'm not 5 but more like 50 years old.

The Balkan games didn't cease. They just went on and on and on. I must say that I was completely disgusted by the stuff at hotel Izvir.

I know now that I should have packed my bags and left as soon as possible. But there was this wish to complete the treatment that kept me going.

I've been to many hotels around the world, all categories, but as hard as I try I can't remember a single one where I would have not been treated as a GUEST. Except this one.

Was there anything to recommend at this hotel at all? Well, there is a tiny fridge in your tiny room where you can find tiny bottles at blown up prices and you may lay down and for a moment think you are not located in the least developed region of Slovenia (Prekmurje) but somewhere in financial district in NY City or Tokyo.

I wouldn't recommend the free coffee in the morning, either. Worst coffee in my life. Please do not drink juices from the dispenser. I did and was then stuck with stale (rancid?)fluid in my mouth. No place to spit it out.

Please, avoid this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank joze f
SavaHotelsResorts, Manager at Hotel Izvir, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2015

Dear Guest,

We would like to express our sincere gratitude for choosing hotel IZVIR for your recent stay in SPA RADENCI. We were delighted to have You as our valued guests and appreciate both your appraisal and the constructive feedback you kindly provided, which will serve as valuable contribution as well as guideline for us to better our services in the future.

We sincerely regret to have learned about your disappointment with
medical and wellness services as well as the attentiveness of our team.

Please allow me to clarify and apologise regarding the medical services that unfortunately did not go as you had hoped. Guests with cardiovascular diseases who are sent to Zdravilišče Radenci are required to attend an examination by a physician before using the swimming pools in the thermal park. After the examination, the physician confirms whether the guest is allowed to use the thermal park for medical reasons. The guest is then issued a card for entrance to the thermal park at the hotel reception. We assume that you were given the wrong information upon checking in at the hotel, for which we sincerely apologise. In order to avoid similar problems in the future, we have already introduced additional measures that will allow us to provide detailed information to our guests upon arrival regarding admission to the thermal park.

At Zdravilišče Radenci we want to offer a wide range of wellness and medical services to our guests so that they can restore their strength and regain their health. With this in mind, our massage therapists and physiotherapists make daily efforts to introduce our services to the guests. We realise that guests with prescribed treatments have a limited schedule and are only able to use additional services at specific times. When booking your massage, the massage therapist unfortunately missed your schedule of confirmed services, causing you to miss the prescribed exercise session at the gym. However, if a guest happens to miss one of the confirmed or pre-arranged services, we always make every effort to make up for it. We sincerely apologise for the unprofessional approach of our medical associates. We are well aware that a priority of medical employees is to provide selfless assistance to all guests, patients, and other people who need help.

All rooms at Zdravilišče Radenci are equipped with a MINI BAR with chilled beverages for the guests. The mini bar prices are within the agreed range and are more or less equal to those in any other 4* hotel in Slovenia.

Prekmurje is one of the fastest growing and developing regions in Slovenia. At our resort with over 132 years of tradition, in addition to treatments guests can take advantage of many other services and activities that we are sure you would be delighted by if you had the opportunity to experience them. Guests can choose from countless cycling and hiking trails, a treasure hunt trail, a trail along a hot spring, a tour of excursion farms, wine roads, Slovenia’s largest castle, the Pachamama centre, the Orchid Garden, Lake Bukovnica with its park of energy places, and much more.

At breakfast guests can enjoy hot beverages from Nestlé. Faults on the machine can occur occasionally, causing the coffee to taste bad. Judging from your description, this is what happened in your case. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We would be delighted to hear from you in the nearest future to discuss how we could turn this unfortunate experience around for you as we would be extremely grateful, should such opportunity arise.

Regards,
Vesna Maučec
Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed May 14, 2015

We spent family vacation for 1-st of May here. Main idea was to enjoy swimming pools, and eventually sauna.

Room was not so bad, perhaps because need of an extra folding bed for a child it was bit bigger than standard double room. Best was lot of light, since it was overlooking south with small balcony and east with french window. Signs of wearing are clearly visible on the walls.

Pool area is accessible from the hotel, you can walk in bathrobe to it. But, it is also available for outside guests and lot of people was using holidays for swimming. Sometimes you can't find free chair to leave towel on it. Pools were crowded as well.

Biggest disappointment was food. Buffet is served for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Quality and variety is relatively ok, but it was simply too many people for buffet tables, and you have to be very patient to get what you want. Queues of 5-6 people for coffee-machine on breakfast was usual thing, as well as accidents when food or drinks ended on the floor. Dining room is old fashioned, understaffed, mood of staff vary from very nice to bad-tempered.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
SavaHotelsResorts, Manager at Hotel Izvir, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2015

Dear guest,

many thanks for your recent visit and review. We sincerely regret to have learned about your disappointment with buffet's food and service. Yes, sometimes we are indeed overcrowded due to our popularity and acceptable prices; we are aware of that matter and are already searching for appropriate solutions.
I still hope that you decide to visit us again as we would like to improve an impression from you last stay.

Kind regards,