“Wedding in Romania”

Ana Hotels Sport Poiana Brasov
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Poiana Brasov
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my family to attend my sons wedding. there were 27 of us in our party and we found every aspect of the hotel first class much better than an equivalent UK hotel. The staff were exceptional and the Wedding reception in the hotel was one of the best I have attended anywhere. They arranged to transport all of us to and from Bucharest airport without any fuss. It is clear that Romania is trying very hard to become a tourist attraction and you need look no further than this hotel for proof of this.

2  Thank ROBERT B
Mihai M, Manager at Ana Hotels Sport Poiana Brasov, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at a wedding at Sport Hotel&Spa Poiana Brasov. It is always great to receive positive comments, especially at an event not reviewed before for us(wedding) and I will certainly pass your appreciation on to our staff members.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel whenever you can.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel has a good location in a beautiful area.

Everything has a high quality feel, and apart from one member of staff they were all fantastic.

Breakfast was busy, but well managed.

The pool is big, if a little cold, and the outdoor hot tub was lovely.

My only criticism was a lack of effecient air con, everything else was first class! Well done.

Room Tip: Room sizes differ, it's worth paying a little bit more for a bigger room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Mihai M, Manager at Ana Hotels Sport Poiana Brasov, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sport Hotel&Spa Poiana Brasov. It is always great to receive positive comments and I will certainly pass them on to our team.
Please be advised that the air condition is a centralised system, adjusted by the outdoor temperature.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit here.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I spent here last weekend with my wife. Last time I was here 6 years ago, but they changed alot in this hotel. Everything was refurbished, new elevators and everything is made with good taste.
The lobby is very cozy, the room was large and clean. The food is good and the breakfast was outstanding with plenty of things to choose from. They have a SPA center with very good maseurs and a outdoor hot tub. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. I hope i`ll have time to come back during the winter season.

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sport Hotel&Spa Poiana Brasov. It is always great to receive positive comments and I will certainly pass them on to our staff members.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel during the winter season.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I spent last week-end at the Hotel Sport Poiana Brasov nice experience,great staff - i never seen before such a great staff but the guest i meet in that days is not a good experience.One group named Capra Nera was very loud,rude with the other guest and all over the place,no polite at all not even with the staff wich take good care of them.I'm going 4 times a year and i spent my time at that hotel and spa.Thank You guys and all the best for you.I can wait to see you soon

Room Tip: No tips everything was perfect
1  Thank irene i
Mihai M, Manager at Ana Hotels Sport Poiana Brasov, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that your experience was very good and we thank you for sharing your comments with your fellow travelers.We are sorry you were disturbed by the other guests in the hotel and that it was not something we could prevent from happening, though it did.
I will share your review with our staff, so that they may see how much you appreciated their service. We look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards and hope to see you again,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks with my daughter and we enjoyed our stay very much. The room we had was large, comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the spa and found the hotel and spa staff helpful, friendly and efficient. The food was very good with plenty of choice at both breakfast and dinner. (Less choice for us as veggies, but we managed to get something good every day.)

The hotel is in a lovely place and you can have a very relaxing stay.

1  Thank JaneyJim
Mihai M, Manager at Ana Hotels Sport Poiana Brasov, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The location is great, but other aspects of our stay were not nearly as pleasant. The hallway connecting Hotel Sport and Hotel Bradul has a moldy smell that is quite overwhelming, especially if you need to use the hallway frequently as we did en route to the dining room every morning. Some of the hotel staff at the reception desk were not courteous and could not communicate well in English, which makes it difficult for non-Romanian speaking tourists. Another disappointing aspect of our stay was the gym; a lot of their equipment is not functional and there is no A/C in the room. When we asked about the ventilation in the room, we were told to open the windows, which did not help much in light of the fact that we were running on the treadmill. Our worst experience was during one of the nights, when they hosted a wedding in one of the conference rooms right on the premises. The music was loud and it lasted until 1:30 in the morning. When we called to complain, the staff simply answered, "It is a Romanian wedding--Romanian weddings last longer," without any apologies, as if we paid for our stay to listen to loud music instead of sleeping. After speaking with one of the managers the next day, they left us a fruit basket in the room, which although appreciated, it did not change the fact that we did not get a good night’s sleep the night before. It seems like they have conflicting interests in collecting money from customers paying for a wedding and those staying overnight at their hotels. On a positive note, the staff at breakfast and dinner were courteous and provided good service.

1  Thank VSW572

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us. We are happy that you liked the location. However, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations.
We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.
We hope that you would give us another chance to meet your expectations next time and provide you with a wonderful experience.

Kind regards from Poiana Brasov,,
Room Division Manager

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here at the beginning of August for 5 nights with my wife on a short relaxing vacation. The hotel is a solid 4 stars hotel, by any standard in Europe I would say, and we were pleasantly surprised.

Everything in the hotel is of high quality - furniture, food, cleanliness, quietness - but there are a few details which stop me from giving it a full 5 stars evaluation.
For instance, the room we got had a beautiful balcony view, but there was no table or chair available on that balcony to enjoy it while having some coffee or tea.
The spa is good and large, but unfortunately poorly administered. I don't think it's OK for the people providing therapies to be the ones who also work the spa reception. This makes small problems seem larger than they actually are and makes fixing them take too long. For instance when one of the cross trainers in the gym doesn't work or when the Jacuzzi outside doesn't start or worst of all when you check out and there is a problem with the bill. We experienced them all, unfortunately.
Also, the only other thing of concern was that my wife got really itchy skin after using the pools for a long time ( about one and a half hours). I didn't experience any problems and I didn't hear anybody else complain though.

However, the services themselves are quite good.
The internet connection is good, although in my opinion it's a real shame that it isn't free in a 4 stars hotel.
The pillows and bed mattresses are excellent and the room is of decent size. The bathroom is really big, but the translucent glass door might not provide the level of privacy desired by some. We didn't have that problem but I'm just saying.
We only ate breakfast at the hotel, but it was good, with plenty of choice available and of good quality.
I really enjoyed the fact that in the hotel lobby there were plenty of beautifully dressed well known books available to borrow. I haven't seen this anywhere else and I think it's great.
The massages we tried at the spa were very relaxing and I'd give the spa a really high grade if it weren't for the issues I mentioned before.
The hotel staff is OK, helpful and discrete, but as I have already mentioned, efficiency is a bit impaired when assistance is needed from their colleagues at the spa.
All in all we enjoyed our stay and would come back to this hotel.

1  Thank mitza63

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for this detailed review.
We will look into your observations and do our best to prevent any unwanted incidents from happening again.
We really appreciate your consideration and we hope you are to be our guest as soon as your time allows it.
We thank you on behalf of our staff .

Kind regards from Poiana Brasov,,

#5 of 16 in Poiana Brasov
Kronwell Hotel
Kronwell Hotel
#1 of 56 in Brasov

Been to Ana Hotels Sport Poiana Brasov? Share your experiences!