We stayed at the Poiana Brasov Sport Hotel and Spa for 2 nights in September 2012. I had booked the hotel through my usual travel agent and had asked them to specify that we wanted a double room. As we would be arriving late at the hotel due to traffic congestion, we called them from our car at around 19:00 to confirm our arrival and our request for a double room.
But when we arrived at the hotel reception, and were given our room, we discovered that they had given us a twin room. We went back to the reception and were told that there were no more double rooms available, except only for one room stuated on the lowest floor of the hotel. We had a look at this room and were astonished to notice that it was in a semi-basement with a tiny window giving out to the back parking lot.
We went back to the reception and reiterated that we had booked a double room and should be given one, but the receptionist bluntly said that they didn't have one and that it must have been the fault of the travel agent.
They finally arranged to push the two twin beds together but this gave us a very uncomfortable sleep since there was a hard edge right in the middle of the bed.
It spoiled our stay in this hotel which is otherwise quite nice, except for a mediocre buffet breakfast.
The indoor pool and the spa are nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the mountains next to the ski slopes of Poiana Brasov, the Sport Hotel is a relaxing holiday destination for all seasons and a privileged location for events. Discover fascinating Transylvania and the city of Brasov, the Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle) and the Peles Castle, a former royal residence, all within easy reach. Offering spectacular views of the resort, the rooms combine the coziness of the Bavarian style with the modern design. Discover the large King rooms or spend quality time in the Jacuzzi, surrounded by the wide open spaces of the presidential suite. Taste the culinary wonders of the restaurant, or grab a drink in the bar. Sport Hotel is an elegant ski-in/ski-out property within walking distance from the Bradul ski slope. The winter wonderland turns into a green paradise during the summer, when the surroundings offer great opportunities for hiking enthusiasts. Following a day's adventure in the mountains, you can relax at the Sport Wellness Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Ana Hotels Sport Poiana Brasov reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sport Hotel Poiana Brasov
- Sport Hotel And Spa
- Ana Hotel Poiana Brasov
- Ana Hotels Sport Poiana Brasov Brasov County, Romania