“Quite traditional looking”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Quite traditional looking”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Went to Coliba Haiducilor with some friends while in Poiana Brasov. The experience was nice. My lamb was good, well cooked. However, the soup i had for the first course wasn't really delicious. It was ok. The portions i felt were small for the money you pay - it's not very expensice compared to other countries but for Romania it can be pricey.

What i loved the most was the freshly baked bread - that was very nice.

My piece of advice for the administration would be to renovate the toilets in a proper way (i know, completely unrelated but you can make an opinion just by looking at toilets).

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
cta
“horrible”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

horrible...the rudest waitresses i've ever seen.the foof is horrible.the cook is very bad.old food.they only want to cheat you

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank irimarius
Yahel, Israel
“Hansel and Gretel Shoot Winnie the Pooh!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Vegetarians and Animal Rights Activists should stay away, but if you want to taste venison, wild boar, or bear in a venue you won't quickly forget, this place'll do you proud! After a short walk (with ski boots it was more like a trek!) up a path through the woods near the base of the two gondolas, we arrived at a building that looked like Hansel and Gretel might have once lived there. Greeting us hanging upside down from a tree near the entrance were two dead pigeons, but we did not let this deter us. We peeked into the pantry downstairs - all I'll say is that it's worth a peek - and then climbed up the stairs to the restaurant. We were seated immediately, and looked around at the incredible "hunting lodge" decor. I didn't much care for the appetizers, though my companions liked them just fine, but I thoroughly enjoyed my combo platter of bear and venison, and the service was just fine. After the meal, I wanted to quit skiing for the day and go back to the hotel to rest, so I asked the waiter to call me a cab. They couldn't manage that, but the waiter offered to drive me (and my skis) back to my hotel, and I gladly accepted his offer!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank EladLending
Kilkenny, Ireland
“A very nice experience - felt authntic even if fabricated”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We had a lovely meal here with 2 adults and 4 teenagers. The restaurant has been designed to be like a traditional "old" restaurant filled with lots of hunting equipment and dead animals ( skins !!). The kids loved it and we were able to get good food and wine.

We had the cheese and meat platter to start and found the lard a bit heavy but the others very nice. We ordered a litre of house wine which was very palatable and only cost 60 li ( €13).

A traditional gipsy band played a few tunes but were not obtrusive. Finally and importantly there were locals there.

All in all a nice experience and reasonable food and service - a good tourist experience.

• Visited February 2014
“Excellent service”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

It is a good restaurant.The food are great (i recommend "Borcanul bunicii").The price are a little bit higher but the food and the services are excellent