“Oh My - This Really is Amazing”

Locanda Baggio da Nino
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Asolo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: I was in Asolo last weekend and discovered that Ca' Derton is closed in the centre of town and has reopened as Locanda Baggio just on the outskirts of Asolo. Ca' Derton is the name of the house where the restaurant was located for nearly 20 years, so they had to change the name when they moved. The new restaurant is still great, and I would like to write a review.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Oh My - This Really is Amazing”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Our good friends stumbled upon this restaurant and the four of us ate dinner the other evening, early summer in the garden setting. Service was faultless from entrance to exit, the food utterly sublime, the wine list well priced with gracious advice on local gems. This is an extraordinary restaurant - beautifully balanced plates of food well presented with a slight modern Italian twist. My guinea fowl was cooked to succulent perfection with crisp skin and served with a liver pattie. Not a combination I have seen or tried before and incredible. The deft of the kitchen's ability is undeniable. Desserts are also a treat. My strawberry shortcake was as light as air and pungent with strawberry aroma and taste. I was rendered incapable of leaving a crumb. This was our last night in Asolo so only one visit was possible but if we are ever in the region again we will return with anticipation .... eating establishments at this calibre and price point are rare.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank MataiDubai

honolulu
“Plan your day around this spot”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

A restaurant this good should never be considered "out of the way." We were fortunate to be staying 5 minutes away so we enjoyed Baggio more than once. Part of Baggio's appeal is certainly the accessibility, its impressive local support from the surrounding community, and the friendly and easy-going service that makes the elevated level of the food quality and presentation all the more enjoyable. Book ahead at peak times but otherwise feel free to drop in, you'll find a warm welcome and a genuine family feel.
The slow cooked guancetta (veal cheeks) were not to be missed and
the maialino (suckling pig) did not disappoint, but we were still envious of many other enticing plates we saw passing by. So on second thought, plan more than one day and take your time savoring the many pleasures of the Asoline hills.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank robhnl
Iowa City, Iowa
“Best Restaurant in the Zone”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

The ultimate Italian family-run restaurant -- from son Enrico managing the wine list to father Nino running the kitchen. Nino has mastered the art of slow-cooking -- the breast of duck cooked for hours is both tender and succulent (and impossible to resist). Enrico will match your food with wine from anywhere in Europe -- all with a captivating personality that adds enormous value to your eating experience. My wife and I often share the Foie Gras antipasta (multiple variations on a theme -- star Michelin experience) and enjoy the spirited debate with Enrico as to whether it should be accompanied by a sweet wine in the French way, or the Italian way. Ask to visit their impressive wine cellar. Lunch or dinner -- it remains THE Asolo restaurant.

• Visited December 2011
5 Thank AsoloProf
London
“Superb”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Lunch on the terrace after a long drive down from Cortina was sublime. Mixed antipasto and tagliatella with duck all served with great attention to detail. Fine Italian dining at it's absolute best.

6 Thank FDFLONDON
Udine, Italy
“A little too pretentious”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The food was quite good, service was lacking as the only people working was one waitress and the owner. For our tastes it was too expensive. I gave it 3 stars, meaning I ate well and could recommend it, but I'm not sure I would go back.

• Visited March 2011