“Propieter from hell”

Ranked #3 of 5 Trevi B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Propieter from hell”
Reviewed February 3, 2006

We booked this hotel on the internet as the rooms and views seemed very appealing. Our intention was to have a relaxing break after touring Tuscany. The bedroom, although cleanish, was very sparse and 'rustic'. Lots of religous pictures and scenes depicting the crucifixion, not really what I wanted to see on holiday. The bathroom was basic and flooded when you took a shower, the curtain was old and smelly. No bath. The double bed felt like 2 iron 'cots' pushed together and was uncomfortable.
The whole building needed updating, it was drab and eery, no nice touches e.g. fresh flowers. Breakfast was meagre, we were all hungry and dare not ask for more. Service definitely was not with a smile. No dining or bar facilities at all. The pool was good although not used due to the proprietor insisting on the use of bathing caps. No front door key allowed, we were locked out one evening and took a severe repremand on our return from the proprieter even though it was only 10.30pm. Definitely not recommended!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
numidia, responsabile gestione (nuovo gestore) at Casa Giulia Country House, responded to this review, April 11, 2009
Dear sir, I know only now your comments about CASAGIULIA because my American friend told me that he had read on Tripadvisor.
My name is Alvaro and with my wife Maria Rita we took the management of CASAGIULIA since 2004. I am mortified of serious trouble that the old lady caused and I would like to remedy. So I propose you to come again in Italy for a stay at CASAGIULIA. I assure you that the current administration is very different from the previous one. For us, every guest is welcome and we try to feel it at home. If you decide to come you will be our guest at no cost. I apologize for what happened, even though no fault of mine, and I feel very saddened by this. Sincerely. Alvaro Taddei info@casagiulia.com

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Travelers also viewed these Trevi hotels
Il Borgo dell'Ulivo
#4 of 7 in Trevi
Villa Silvana
Villa Silvana
#3 of 17 in Trevi

Been to Casa Giulia Country House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Casa Giulia Country House

Property: Casa Giulia Country House
Address: Localita Corciano 1 | Bovara, 06039 Trevi, Italy
Location: Italy > Umbria > Province of Perugia > Trevi
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 5 B&Bs / Inns in Trevi
Hotel Class:3 star — Casa Giulia Country House 3*
Nestled in central Italy’s verdant valley of Umbria, and at the foot of the panoramic Monte Serano, rises Casa Giulia, an enchanting 17th century country house in Trevi. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Giulia Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.