“Don't miss!”
Review of Locanda Castellina

Locanda Castellina
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Trevi
Description: Our love of this land honored through tradition. Situated in the quaint village of Bovara, nestled among the hills and olive trees, you will find "Locande Castellina" Located just three minutes from Via Flaminia Km. 140, and 2 km from Trevi, Locande Castellina is a warm and inviting place to experience and enjoy the richness of the local flavors. The restaurants rustic décor, exposed stone walls and ancient wood beams reflect the charm of the area in which it is situated. The seasonal menu created by Max Buono includes an offering of Umbrian dishes particular to the area, as well as the addition of some pleasant delights found beyond the regions borders. With an offering of everything from appetizers to handmade pastas, main courses, side dishes, grilled meats and desserts, all are prepared with the freshest locally sourced ingredients. In addition, you will find a carefully selected wine and beer menu designed to complement your dining experience.
Reviewed September 28, 2018

Excellent place for an ambitious Italian meal prepared with inspiration and fresh ingredients. Loved all of the dishes. Pleasant service.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Fred W
Massimiliano B, Proprietario at Locanda Castellina, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Dear Fred,
we are very happy that you enjoyed our food, our wine and our hospitality.
We hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes,
Massimiliano

Write a reviewReviews (170)

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal. Excellent choice of local dishes complemented by a very decent and very local house white. All in a great setting.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank mikeyjhen
Massimiliano B, Proprietario at Locanda Castellina, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

We are very happy for your satisfying experience and we look forward to see you again.
Thank you and greetings from all the staff

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

We were a group of three. We were on a walking holiday and had been booked in by our Agriturismo.
It started well. A lovely location, good setting and really helpful hosts who both spoke excellent English and were happy to translate the menu for us.
There were 20 covers and the restaurant filled up during the course of the evening.
The menu is quite long and complicated for a restaurant of this size.
We chose two of the antipasto dishes between the three of us. My friends say the meat was very good, even if the cheese was a bit dull. I ordered the local pasta with ox tail and chocolate sauce. Perhaps a bit rich for my taste, but there were a lot of exotic dishes which I would not have ordered. When it came, it was luke warm. My friends ordered the baby lamb ribs coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried. Is this an over complication with baby lamb ribs? The dish had little flavour and was disappointing. The small pieces of fried potato were very dry. I had been assured, even though I don’t eat peppers, that the vegetables would be ok. They were 80% peppers.
When my pasta came back steaming hot, I asked for another glass of the excellent white wine. It arrived just after I had finished my meal - too late by then.
My friends chose a bottle of quite expensive red wine, which was rather disappointing, not very rounded, as they had been led to believe.
On balance we felt that the menu was too long and the dishes were more complicated than we would have preferred.
The hosts were overworked and could not manage the full restaurant to a satisfactory standard.

Date of visit: May 2018

I really hope that one day, you will invite me to a restaurant where you can open and taste different bottles of cellars like Bea, Antano ... to then choose one of them.
This is ridiculous, as are the false accusations about the treatment reserved for your table. There is no need to invent facts that have never happened for your own mania of protagonism. This is pathological and I'm sorry for you.
Goodby, by the way..

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

We were in group and considering the rural area and the quality of the food of the entire region it’s pretty overpriced. Calling it locanda it’s not really appropriate.

Date of visit: November 2017
3  Thank BlueGoblin

I respect everyone's opinion but I would have a curiosity to satisfy:
what is your exact meaning of the word "Locanda"?
I'm curious to know this from those who ate a 2 kg Florentine Steak ...
Thanks and goodbye..

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Highly recommend the Locanda Castellina! The food is superb by its simplicity though very original presentation but above all, the very nice couple running the business have managed to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere making the whole Umbrian cuisine experience even greater (the soft background jazz music being played is also a very subtle final touch). The place is not the easiest to find the first time (your regular GPS will not get you to it, you should only rely on the Google Maps coordinates shared on the restaurant's website) but don't give up...it is a restaurant you want to keep looking for until it is found and being way out of the beaten track is probably what you will enjoy in the end anyway!

Date of visit: October 2017
4  Thank Thierry D

I really want to thank you for this nice review. It is the exact photograph of our restaurant. I hope to see you very soon.