We stayed at Pieve Di Caminino for 10 days as the second part of our honeymoon (after staying in Florence) and it was by far our most favorite part of the entire trip! It is really easy to get to Pieve from either Pisa or Florence by hire car (which is what we did)...and as soon as you enter Tuscany...and in particular the Maremma, it is just magical!
Pieve is tucked away in a lovely secluded spot, from which the views are stunning and the landscape incredibly peaceful and relaxing. The owner, Emi is an absolute star - the perfect host...plying us with amazing wine and his own delicious olive oil throughout the entirety of our stay (you really must try it and buy several bottles to take home!). Nothing was ever too much trouble and Emi was always on hand when needed, although was discrete and not intrusive the rest of the time (plus, his English is excellent). In fact, Emi helped us out of a very tricky situation when we missed our flights home by an entire day (we were sooo relaxed!) and he arranged our extended car hire for us and put us up for an additional night! The staff at Pieve are also wonderful and attend to your every need.
We stayed in both the Library Loft and La Foresteria during our stay and both are completely stunning...and enormous! There is no way you could be underwhelmed by either choice of room. Both are decorated in a beautiful rustic way, with lovely antiques and old maps and deeds of the Pieve estate. The beauty of La Foresteria is the outdoor space...but there are so many lovely secluded sitting spots throughout the grounds that you are somewhat spoilt for choice.
Our suggestion would be to listen to Emi's local recommendations, as our very best dining out experiences were those that he gave us - the quality of the local 'real-Italian' food was just amazing. We also enjoyed many a night eating simple pasta dishes we made in the ample kitchen, sourced locally, on the outside terrace of La Foresteria drinking Emi's own vineyards' wine.
This is such a special place that we will definately be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caminino is an antique farm estate of 200 hectares (500 acres), completely fenced, access to which is reserved exclusively for guests with reservations. A centenary olive grove, a panoramic vineyard where walking or jogging at the sight of the Montemassi castle, and a legendary cork oak forest surround the old exclusive private village, now offering agriturismo hospitality, with swimming pool (in warm season) and two ponds. Silence dominates, pleasantly interrupted by the sounds of nature. The view stretches, on clear days, to the sea, where the horizon is marked by the island of Giglio. The ancient villages of Roccatederighi, Montemassi, Sticciano and Montepescali are nearby located, crowning the landscape with their fortfied walls: they area reachable driving afew minutes and all offer a delicious choice of typical restaurants and wine bars.Not to miss & easily reachable: Massa Marittima, Siena, Montalcino, Pitigliano, Castiglione della Pescaia, Populonia, Bolgheri, the Maremma National Park, The Tarot Garden, Mount Amiata, the Terme di Saturnia, Roselle, S. Galgano, S. Antimo ... The total lack of traffic makes Caminino easy to be reached, both from Rome Leonardo da Vinci (200km / 124mi) and from Pisa Galileo Galilei (140km / 87mi), or from Florence Amerigo Vespucci Airport (128km /80mi). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Pieve di Caminino Historic Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historical Resort Pieve Di Caminino Hotel Roccatederighi
- Pieve Di Caminino Historic Farm Italy/Roccatederighi, Tuscany