We stayed there a week and we were delighted by the experience; the resort itself is wonderful as it can be seen in the pictures, but also the warm treatment from our host (Emi) who is always helpful and willing to make you enjoy your stay.
Our apartment was the smaller one but nevertheless it was decorated with superb style, had a fully functional bathroom and a small kitchen with a minifridge, a heating pad and a coffee machine. Not to miss the main building of the resort, in the past it was an abbey but now it helds Emy's office...it's diificult to know where to look, every corner is full of antique objetcs, paintings, sculptures...
We had scheduled some routes to the area but he suggested other points of interest worth to visit, so in case of doubt, just ask him.
But of course, if you just want to relax, then you will be in the perfect place: the resort is a quiet place, close to wineywards and olive fields, and it has a pool where you can enjoy a refreshing bath and one of the most wonderful sunsets you can see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caminino is an antique farm estate of 200 hectares (500 acres), completely fenced, access to which is reserved exclusively for guests with reservations. A centenary olive grove, a panoramic vineyard where walking or jogging at the sight of the Montemassi castle, and a legendary cork oak forest surround the old exclusive private village, now offering agriturismo hospitality, with swimming pool (in warm season) and two ponds. Silence dominates, pleasantly interrupted by the sounds of nature. The view stretches, on clear days, to the sea, where the horizon is marked by the island of Giglio. The ancient villages of Roccatederighi, Montemassi, Sticciano and Montepescali are nearby located, crowning the landscape with their fortfied walls: they area reachable driving afew minutes and all offer a delicious choice of typical restaurants and wine bars.Not to miss & easily reachable: Massa Marittima, Siena, Montalcino, Pitigliano, Castiglione della Pescaia, Populonia, Bolgheri, the Maremma National Park, The Tarot Garden, Mount Amiata, the Terme di Saturnia, Roselle, S. Galgano, S. Antimo ... The total lack of traffic makes Caminino easy to be reached, both from Rome Leonardo da Vinci (200km / 124mi) and from Pisa Galileo Galilei (140km / 87mi), or from Florence Amerigo Vespucci Airport (128km /80mi). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Pieve di Caminino Historic Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historical Resort Pieve Di Caminino Hotel Roccatederighi
- Pieve Di Caminino Historic Farm Italy/Roccatederighi, Tuscany