When we drove through the gate at the front of the property we really did not know what to expect, as we had booked a long time before our eventual stay. The place took our breath away. The scenery was amazing, from the forest to the olive groves to the sunset. The monastery conversion has been done exceptionally and the people who run the place have great respect for the traditions and architecture. The room was nicely decorated, some might say old but it suited the theme of the resort.
The rooms were always cleaned and the breakfast was decent. The building had shifted and the door was a little hard to open and close. The nice man who brought us breakfast to us every morning was always unbelievably friendly and cheerful.
One suggestion is to follow Emy's suggestions with the local food and activities. He recommended the restaurant Il Corso, just up the hill, it was AMAZING! We even bought some of their home made olive oil.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caminino is an antique farm estate of 200 hectares (500 acres), completely fenced, access to which is reserved exclusively for guests with reservations. A centenary olive grove, a panoramic vineyard where walking or jogging at the sight of the Montemassi castle, and a legendary cork oak forest surround the old exclusive private village, now offering agriturismo hospitality, with swimming pool (in warm season) and two ponds. Silence dominates, pleasantly interrupted by the sounds of nature. The view stretches, on clear days, to the sea, where the horizon is marked by the island of Giglio. The ancient villages of Roccatederighi, Montemassi, Sticciano and Montepescali are nearby located, crowning the landscape with their fortfied walls: they area reachable driving afew minutes and all offer a delicious choice of typical restaurants and wine bars.Not to miss & easily reachable: Massa Marittima, Siena, Montalcino, Pitigliano, Castiglione della Pescaia, Populonia, Bolgheri, the Maremma National Park, The Tarot Garden, Mount Amiata, the Terme di Saturnia, Roselle, S. Galgano, S. Antimo ... The total lack of traffic makes Caminino easy to be reached, both from Rome Leonardo da Vinci (200km / 124mi) and from Pisa Galileo Galilei (140km / 87mi), or from Florence Amerigo Vespucci Airport (128km /80mi). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pieve di Caminino Historic Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historical Resort Pieve Di Caminino Hotel Roccatederighi
- Pieve Di Caminino Historic Farm Italy/Roccatederighi, Tuscany