I have been fortunate to have visited Badia a Coltibuono for the past three summers. We enjoyed a beautiful brunch in a large private room, complete with apple cakes, lemon olive oil cake, breads, foccacia, yogurts and fruits. We also visited the restaurant. I had the asparagus and ricotta flan with a poached egg. It was quite good. It had a gentle taste and texture, the egg completed the dish both visually and tastewise. Several of us had the homemade pasta with wild boar sauce, very delicious. I also had the white beans that are somehow simple but so fabulous. I finished the dinner with a cannoli with a strawberry sauce and hazelnut ice cream. Overall, the food was fantastic, but the wait staff was superior! I have never had such wonderful service and we had a party of six adults and four children 4 and under. Thank you for such a memorable visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Badia a Coltibuono is the first wine resort in Chianti, opening it's doors to travellers and visitors who want to share a truly unique experience. Here it is possible to encounter the magic of a venue, to observe the slow yet intense rhythm of a 1000 year old abbey and farm and to sleep in history in the eight bedrooms with en suite bathroom and the 5 apartments, furnished with all facilities. Guests can relax in the magnificent Italian style garden or, during the summer months, around the large open-air swimming pool. 800 Hectares of forests, crisscrossed with walking or mountain biking paths provide for a pristine natural backdrop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Badia a Coltibuono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badia a Coltibuono Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Badia a Coltibuono Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany