Badia is a historic place, with a great view, a most beautiful garden and excellent, ample, well furnished rooms. Everything shows good taste and class - as the breakfast room, for instance. The staff is attentive, and has great courtesy. The restaurant (not exactly a part of the hotel, it is a separate business, but only some 50-100 meters apart) is also very, very good. Don't miss, also, the shop at Badia's entrance; if you are lucky enough to buy a bottle of their Occhio di Pernice, a special Vin Santo made from Sangiovese, it will be worthy the trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Badia a Coltibuono is the first wine resort in Chianti, opening it's doors to travellers and visitors who want to share a truly unique experience. Here it is possible to encounter the magic of a venue, to observe the slow yet intense rhythm of a 1000 year old abbey and farm and to sleep in history in the eight bedrooms with en suite bathroom and the 5 apartments, furnished with all facilities. Guests can relax in the magnificent Italian style garden or, during the summer months, around the large open-air swimming pool. 800 Hectares of forests, crisscrossed with walking or mountain biking paths provide for a pristine natural backdrop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Badia a Coltibuono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badia a Coltibuono Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Badia a Coltibuono Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany