The restaurant is now very 'chic' but the food was still excellent and represented good value and the service was very professional.
The rooms have been added more recently and we had a superior room that was to put it bluntly austere - I know the monks lived there but at almost 200 euros a night one would have expected a little luxury. No telephone, no television not even a flower and very intermittent internet access. Breakfast was unexciting and again in fairly bleak surroundings. The whole place is fab but 1 night is probably enough !
The wine was better before it became organic !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Badia a Coltibuono is the first wine resort in Chianti, opening it's doors to travellers and visitors who want to share a truly unique experience. Here it is possible to encounter the magic of a venue, to observe the slow yet intense rhythm of a 1000 year old abbey and farm and to sleep in history in the eight bedrooms with en suite bathroom and the 5 apartments, furnished with all facilities. Guests can relax in the magnificent Italian style garden or, during the summer months, around the large open-air swimming pool. 800 Hectares of forests, crisscrossed with walking or mountain biking paths provide for a pristine natural backdrop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Badia a Coltibuono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badia a Coltibuono Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Badia a Coltibuono Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany