Fabulous historic place to stay.
Cool buildings, extensive gardens, even your own Church to visit.
Very good Restaurant on the property that we had a delicious dinner at.
The highlight though was "graduating" from a one day cooking school in the Badia a Coltibuono kitchen ! We had a blast with that, and even got to eat the results.
Tour the wine caves. Very cool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Badia a Coltibuono is the first wine resort in Chianti, opening it's doors to travellers and visitors who want to share a truly unique experience. Here it is possible to encounter the magic of a venue, to observe the slow yet intense rhythm of a 1000 year old abbey and farm and to sleep in history in the eight bedrooms with en suite bathroom and the 5 apartments, furnished with all facilities. Guests can relax in the magnificent Italian style garden or, during the summer months, around the large open-air swimming pool. 800 Hectares of forests, crisscrossed with walking or mountain biking paths provide for a pristine natural backdrop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Badia a Coltibuono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badia a Coltibuono Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Badia a Coltibuono Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany