Our second visit 5 years on to this lovely quiet place in the rolling vined hills of Chianti in the tiny old village of San Sano. The staff are amazing - Donatella and Alice made the experience extra special - even put flowers and a card in the room for my birthday! The rooms are all beautifully decorated in medieval style with modern amenities. The terrace under the vines for afternoon prosecco is delightful and the breakfast lounge has many interesting art works. We extended our stay to 5 nights as it's the perfect place to unwind and use as a base to access other places in Tuscany for day trips. If you like the countryside with walks, excellent restaurants within a few kilometers and luxurious accommodation then this is the place for you. Take a peek at the wine therapy room too. Would not recommend for children as perfect for adult retreat apart from stairs/windows hazard. There are many village cats who add to the charm of the place. We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castellare De' Noveschi Relais is a historical residence of charm in the heart of Chianti, where you can sleep in the fabulous suite belonged to the Dukes of Tuscany or the beautiful Suite "Dreams of Bacchus" carved into an ancient vat 800. You can breathe in the cozy atmosphere of the Fumoir, an ancient hall with a beautiful fireplace, dedicated to those who want to share their passion for the world of Tuscan cigars and pipe, reading a book by the fire and take part in tastings and events for a few privileged. Finally just to pamper all the senses of the guests, the Castellare de 'Noveschi will be with Wine Therapy in a suggestive Tino where you soak in a tub of torque. And if, when you get home, you'll want to relive the emotions you felt during your stay at the Castellare de 'Noveschi, you can buy all antiques, modern antiques, fashion that you find around you, who have been part of a dream, who have had a wonderful past life and now can become part of a new story: Your. All rooms are equipped with private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer and a double bed. Further facilities include a TV, Internet access, a minibar, and facilities for making tea and coffee, air conditioning and heating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castellare De' Noveschi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castellare De` Noveschi Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castellare De' Noveschi Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany