We arrived at the end of the "season" - actually after the season - and virtually had the place to ourselves. Steeped in history, what remains of the original castle is fascinating. We stayed in an apartment and it was accommodating - reasonably clean and comfortable for a 2,000 year old place! Expansive grounds could use some sprucing up, but I will give them that it was at the end of the season. Free wireless internet was spotty at best - had to go sit outside to connect.
The restaurant is nice but serves only the castle's wines (it is the headquarters for a vineyard). Since we were the only ones eating there we had only what the chef had prepared that night, which was good but offered no selection.
We were excited about riding horses at the stable on-site, and made arrangements for this after our lovely wine tasting. Unfortunately a communication breakdown within the staff left us standing at the stables with no horses to ride.
Overall an interesting stay on our 2 week trek in Tuscany.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello Di Tornano is located on a hillside in the Chianti Classico wine region. It offers free Wi-Fi, free parking, and rooms and apartments with satellite TV and bathroom. Rooms at the Castello are air conditioned and include a minibar. The apartments offer a fully fitted kitchen. The restaurant at the Castello Di Tornano serves Tuscan specialities and classic Italian cooking. The swimming pool is set in gardens and surrounded by trees. There is a tennis court, and guests can also enjoy the spa bath and massage treatments. The Castello Di Tornano Farm Stay is 18 km from Siena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Castello di Tornano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Tornano Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Tornano Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany