We stayed here for four nights on our honeymoon and had an amazing experience.
We stayed in one of the 'classic' rooms (the cheapest ones they offer) so we were on the main floor but our room was still a decent size and the bathroom was great.... we got a peak at some of the other rooms that were way bigger but ours was definitely good value for money as we got to take advantage of everything the hotel had to offer!
We took the cooking class which was phenomenal - it was just the 2 of us which was nice and we learned a ton and ate soo much!! Definitely amazing.
We loved the food here - ate here 3 nights out of 4. Yes the prix fixe may be a bit pricey - but you don't have to eat all 4 courses - if you eat less courses they charge you per course which ended up being way cheaper and on par cost-wise with other restaurants in the area - but with better food!
The views were amazing and it was so relaxing - it was a bit too cold to use the pool but the pool was nice with lots of great lawn chairs. We did day trips exploring tuscany - you definitely need a rental car - but it was a good location so it was easy to get around tuscany if you don't mind driving on windy roads :)
The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was simple, but good.
Highly recommend this place... we had a phenomenal time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello Di Tornano is located on a hillside in the Chianti Classico wine region. It offers free Wi-Fi, free parking, and rooms and apartments with satellite TV and bathroom. Rooms at the Castello are air conditioned and include a minibar. The apartments offer a fully fitted kitchen. The restaurant at the Castello Di Tornano serves Tuscan specialities and classic Italian cooking. The swimming pool is set in gardens and surrounded by trees. There is a tennis court, and guests can also enjoy the spa bath and massage treatments. The Castello Di Tornano Farm Stay is 18 km from Siena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castello di Tornano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Tornano Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Tornano Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany