My husband, mother-in-law and 9 month old baby spent 6 wonderful nights in this beautiful castle. We drove from Pisa to the castle and the views on the drive were wonderful, the castle was a hidden gem that you can not see from the road. On driving the steep white gravel road we arrived at a beautifully restored castle and were greeted by wonderful staff that could not do enough to help us the entire time we were there.
Our rooms were wonderful and cool when we entered them (which was a blessing with the heat), the furniture is authentic italian and suits the castle perfectly. All our meals were taken in the open air patio that sits amongst the hills of chianti. The food and wait staff were exceptional. I have read reviews that the meals were expensive but I totally disagree for a 5 course set meal we paid 40 euros per person and 12 euros for a bottle of chianti classico. I am sure you could get a cheaper plate of pasta in one of the villages but not a five course meal. The quality of the food was so exceptional that there was only one night we didn't eat at the resturant, that night we ate in their cout yard all the wonderful delicacies we had bought from the local towns.
The pool and grounds were wonderful to relax in and we often found ourselves by the pool all morning and exploring the villages in the afternoon. You do need a car to do this but the castle is an hour drive to most of the lovely tuscan big towns. we visited Vertine (amazing drive), sienna, multipulchiano and piennza amongst others.
We also did a wine tasting and cooking course that the staff were happy to adapt to what we wanted learn to cook. Both were wonderful and very informative.
Over all this pace has it all, if you want a beautiful old castle in the hills of tuscany that serves home made wonderful food, wine and olive oil look no further.
Thank you to all the staff for looking after us so well, we will see you all again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello Di Tornano is located on a hillside in the Chianti Classico wine region. It offers free Wi-Fi, free parking, and rooms and apartments with satellite TV and bathroom. Rooms at the Castello are air conditioned and include a minibar. The apartments offer a fully fitted kitchen. The restaurant at the Castello Di Tornano serves Tuscan specialities and classic Italian cooking. The swimming pool is set in gardens and surrounded by trees. There is a tennis court, and guests can also enjoy the spa bath and massage treatments. The Castello Di Tornano Farm Stay is 18 km from Siena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Castello di Tornano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Tornano Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Tornano Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany