Our family of five (3 boys aged 15, 17 and 19) spent a week at Casa Al Vento in August 2012 and were very happy about everything. It is definitely off the beaten path down the end of a somewhat step and winding country road but that is part of its appeal. It is truly out in nature, and as you sit in your villa/room, or at breakfast, dinner or by the pool, or at the solarium (on the roof of the winery no less) you stare out at endless rolling hills, lush with greenery (mainly vines and olive trees). The buildings are beautifully designed, being a mix of old and new Tuscan farm style stone and tile roof construction. Their layout respects the environment, and it all just feels 'right'. Casa Al Vento's wines are superb and so is their cooking so the complete Tuscan villa experience is all pulled together. You can sit there pre-dinner with a bottle of fine wine and watch the sunset, then wander over to the indoor or outdoor dining area and keep the experience moving forward. Every day is a memorable one at Casa Al Vento with the great staff taking care of you. We'll come back without our children and do it all again in 2013. And the location, while somewhat remote, is actually only 5 minutes from town where you can get pretty much anything you want from the local Coop. It is also central to many of the Chianti areas other great hill top towns, Sienna is 20 minutes away, and Florence is only 1 hour away. Perfect! Enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borgo Casa Al Vento is in the Tuscan countryside, 3 km from Gaiole In Chianti. It offers sport activities, a wellness centre, and a panoramic pool. The farmhouse provides air-conditioned rooms with TV and minibar and apartments for up to 6 people. There is free parking and free Wi-Fi in all public areas of the Borgo. The restaurant at Borgo Casa Al Vento serves typical Tuscan cuisine and wine produced on the vineyards surrounding the property. The wellness centre is available for wine baths, wine therapy, and various massages upon request. Services include a tennis court, a small lake, and table tennis. The property is a 30-minute drive from Siena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Borgo Casa al Vento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Casa Al Vento Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Borgo Casa Al Vento Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany