This is a great place with a teriffic staff in an amazingly beautiful part of the world. It's a welcoming and relaxing place that's very nice, but not super stuffy.
You absolutely must try dinner in the dining room -- the food is some of the best we had in Tuscany. And you get 10% off if you're a guest (I thought I should mention this since I noticed another review trashing the prices -- they are completely reasonable, and comparable to other nice restaurants in the area).
- amazing food (they even make their own breads every day)
- clean rooms
- fast hairdryers in rooms (big deal if you have long hair)
- nice soaps in rooms
- beautiful surroundings
- big breakfast (in cellar that was built in 970)
- great hiking and biking trails
- free bikes
- great wine
- very friendly and welcoming staff
- free parking
- Thin walls so sound travels. Thankfully for us, this was not a problem as the other guests, like us, seemed to pick up on this fairly quickly.
- Squeaky beds, but they were comfortable and had great pillows.
- I can't imagine anyone coming to Chianti to watch tv, but in case you're the reason there was a tv in our room, you should know that the tv in our room was pretty small. this was fine for us as we didn't actually watch it, but on the plus side, we were told it had all sorts of channels and movies.
My husband and I loved this place. We are already planning our next visit! I noticed a room with a nice fireplace and seating area, and might try to take that one next time. That said, our room was prefectly fine (and the least expensive the offer). Stay in this place -- it will be a highlight of your vacation. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The castle has 37 rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV and mini-bar, offering any possible comfort and a wonderful view over the valley or the cloister. The inside is comfortable and elegant and the sophisticated atmosphere is completed with sought-after fabrics and accessories. From the grassy terraces in front of the castle, guests can enjoy the calm of the countryside and beauty of the surrounding landscape; here are the swimming-pools: one outdoor pool and one indoor pool heated during coldest months. Sauna, Turkish bath and gym, tennis court, billiard and wellness centre, complete the list of possible leisure activities available at Spaltenna. For horse-riding lovers it is possible to rent horses not far from Spaltenna; trekking and biking lovers will find endless options for routes around the castle. A golf club is also available at one-hour distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Spaltenna Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany