Myself and my husband visited Tuscany for our honeymoon in the second week of October 2012. We did a fair bit of travelling around; Florence, Pisa, Siena and finally Chianti.
When we arrived at this hotel, we were immediately met by the hotel's Concierge, who came and collected our luggage from our hire car. The receptionist who checked us into our room, was very friendly and polite and showed us into our upgraded 'honeymoon' suite! The room was beautiful, with a big double bed, a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi (Not to mention all the products!) and we had a beautiful view overlooking the Tuscan Countryside.
The hotel staff were all so knowledgable about the local area and were able to suggest great places to walk, eat etc....
We went Horse riding on our second day, which the receptionist kindly booked for us. We had such a lovely time and would really recommend it. It is only a 5 minute drive from the hotel.
We ate lunch in the restaurant on our first day there and the outside terrace was beautiful and was everything that we had imagined Tuscany to be. Great food and the service was second to none! We also dined in the hotel restaurant for our evening dinner on the first night. It was amazing! Although, very expensive!!! But, we could not fault the service. We have never seen anything like it! Due to the high price, we chose to eat out in Radda for the next two nights. The hotel was happy to recommend a lovely restaurant. We did explore the local town, but we were not impressed, as there were hardly any good restaurants or things to do. You do need a car, when staying at this hotel!
The breakfast's every morning were great, with plenty of choice. It is made that extra bit special if you are able to eat outside on a sunny Tuscan morning!
We used the hotel's swimming and sauna facilities. The pool is lovely, although a bit small and could do with being staffed. But, it was an amazing feeling swimming, whilst looking at the views of the Tuscan hills.
All in all, this hotel was amazing and we highly recommend it for a 'Honeymoon' destination.
Thank you so much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The castle has 37 rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV and mini-bar, offering any possible comfort and a wonderful view over the valley or the cloister. The inside is comfortable and elegant and the sophisticated atmosphere is completed with sought-after fabrics and accessories. From the grassy terraces in front of the castle, guests can enjoy the calm of the countryside and beauty of the surrounding landscape; here are the swimming-pools: one outdoor pool and one indoor pool heated during coldest months. Sauna, Turkish bath and gym, tennis court, billiard and wellness centre, complete the list of possible leisure activities available at Spaltenna. For horse-riding lovers it is possible to rent horses not far from Spaltenna; trekking and biking lovers will find endless options for routes around the castle. A golf club is also available at one-hour distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Spaltenna Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa Italy/Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany