“Ideal hotel for relaxing in Chianti”

Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Reviewed July 10, 2012

A wonderful and charming hotel. Location is superb in the centre of Chianti. great views across the hills from the gardems Food outstanding. Great facilities. Rooms charming if on the small side. Good grounds and pool. Staff knowledgable and helpful

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve t
AmedeoEsposito, General Manager at Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Steve,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

We really appreciate your positive note related to type of service and facilities provided to you during your stay.

I will pass your positive comment to the team who will highly appreciate it.

I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back once again to the Castello di Spaltenna.

Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent four lovely nights here in the rural heart of Chianti and it was fantastic. Friendly and helpful staff, peaceful room, great views, huge breakfast and lots more added to our enjoyment. It was just wonderfully relaxing and a terrific area to explore (car pretty much essential)! Walk, bike, run, potter - just don't overdo it. Gaiole is big enough to eat out in a couple of times.

The dinner we had was excellent and the wine tasting was, well, a little drunken with just the two of us, a very helpful chap, a pile of bread meat and cheese, and four bottles of local stuff...

It may be a little pricey, but for our honeymoon it was what we felt we deserved.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write the review for your recent visit to our Castle.

I appreciate your comments regarding your satisfaction and i will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with my team.

All of us at the Castello di Spaltenna look forward to welcoming you back here. If ever I can be of personal assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Grazie!!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This former monestary was recommend to us by three different couples and it was everying they described and more. We arrived late and were greeted with a room upgrade that made our stay even more enjoyable. The location is relaxing, the scenery is beyond description, our 13 year old son loved the pools plus the food at the hotel and in the surrounding area lived up to every expectation. We even considered staying a few extra nights, but our plans did not allow. We left this hotel with some of the best memories of our entire 3 week trip in Italy...We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a jr. suite.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JoyeMikeHeller
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Dear Friends,

I really appreciate your positive notes and I will pass all your positive feedback to respective team members.
I would like to personally thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back once again in the next future occasion to our Hotel.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I would firstly like to apologise for not posting this review sooner... we returned from Spaltenna over a month ago but every detail remains engrained in my memory.. It is one of those very special places that as soon as you arrive the stresses of everyday life just melt anyway.. and you just relax...
We returned to Spaltenna after 10 years to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We got married in this splendid and magical place exactly 10 years previously, and were both excited and little nervous in case it didnt live up to our memories of that very very special weekend.
Back then we hired the hotel exclusively for the weekend and partied for 3 days, this time it was a little more tame, just the 2 of us with our 8 and 6 year old daughters! but I have to say we were not disappointed. Every single moment was so special. the food mouth watering, the wine list vast, the staff courteous and extremely helpful, the rooms as characterful as you would expect in this part of the world. The pools refreshing (espiceally the outdoor one!!). The scenery breathtaking, and the General Manager was unbelievably courteous and charming, spending about an hour of his precious time with us, as we recounted our wedding story! (Sorry Amedeo) .Our daughters also felt immediately at home, and played tennis, swam and made daisy chains for 4 days. We truly loved every single minute and my only regret was that we couldnt stay longer. We look forward to returning again soon, and know that this magical place is in the best hands with Amadeo.. Thank you one and all. Until we meet again. Niamh Sunny Tara and Naoise
PS. Photos to follow

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Friends,

I have no words to express my deepest gratitude for your generous comments and it has been a great pleasure and joy to hear your wedding story, so real and romantic.

Our aim is for all guests to have a memorable time so it’s fantastic that you and your beautiful family were able to experience this again.
I will pass on your warm comments to our Spaltenna team members, I am sure they will be very proud.

All of us at the Castello di Spaltenna look forward to welcoming you back here with your beautiful daughters.

Please feel free to contact me directly when you have decided on your next visit.. ........there's always a third time.........

With warmest regards.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I only stayed for one night while traveling through Chianti up to Florence, however, I wish I had at least one more night to enjoy the beautiful surroundings that included hiking trails, 2swimming pools, beautiful landscaped area looking into the valley below. We did not eat dinner here, but the arrangement in the courtyard looked fantastic. Our only complaint was the poor drainage of the shower-it seemed to back up and drain slowly after use. We were in room 12 of the main building-I saw some maintenance guys working on what seemed to be the sewer or drains in the rear of the hotel, so perhaps the problem was being promptly addressed.
I would stay here again and extend my stay to 2 days do I could enjoy the amenities both within the hotel, the outside surroundings and the town below.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear JD,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your trip to Italy! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your stay with us.
We strive for 100 % guest satisfaction.
Feedback tells us what we are doing right and what we are can improve on.

We apologize for the small problem with the shower but a water pump gone haywire and maintenance guys worked for 1 hour acting up a secondary pump, solving the problem.

Unfortunately, anything can happen.

Thanks again and please feel free to contact me directly should you decide to visit Chianti again so I may make the necessary arrangements for your stay at the Castello di Spaltenna.

Grazie Grazie!!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed here on honeymoon and were made to feel very welcome. Room 15 has a quirky set of steps leading into the church and also has a huge bathroom, recommended. Stunning, well maintained gardens and nice pool and gym. The rooms feel luxurious and are very clean. The staff were generally very friendly and charming. The restaurant is excellent if a little pricey, the tasting menu was great. The wine list is huge! Overall a great little place, the downsides, the town is quiet and not very special, overall a bit pricey but worthwhile, we'd recommend it to friends and it makes a nice special place to start a honeymoon.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Chris,

I will pass your positive comment to the team who will highly appreciate it.

Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I had the most memorable 10th wedding anniversary at the Castello di Spaltenna. Upon arrival, the staff surprised us with an upgrade to a suite! The room was luxurious yet filled with old-time charm. In the mornings, we had sumptious breakfast buffets in an open terrace overlooking their vineyards. Agree with the other reviewers on the good quality of the house wines. We could not resist buying back some bottles too.
The highlight was a romantic dinner by candlelight in an open courtyard where the food and service was impeccable.
Throughout our stay, we were greeted with warm smiles and friendly staff. We would highly recommend it to anyone especially for couples looking for a nice retreat.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Petrina06
AmedeoEsposito, Direttore generale at Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Dear Petrina,

thank you very much for your nice review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with our services.

I will be pleased to relay your beautiful comment to our staff; this kind of comment really makes us happy, as our aim here at Castello di Spaltenna has always been to make feel our guests at home!

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your husband again and I look forward to sharing Chianti Classico "Spaltenna" together soon :-)

My warmest regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaiole in Chianti
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica ...
#1 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
11 mi away
Villa Bordoni
Villa Bordoni
#1 of 19 in Greve in Chianti
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort &...
#2 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Hotel Le Fontanelle
#1 of 1 in Pianella
5 mi away
Il Borgo di Vescine - Relais del Chianti
Il Borgo di Vescine - Relais del...
#5 of 15 in Radda in Chianti

Been to Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!