“A Meal to Remember”

Badia di Coltibuono
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant's atmosphere is warm and welcoming, while the surrounding garden enhances the overall mood with a touch of romance. During the hotter months meals are served outdoors under a bower of climbing roses and wisteria. Here the gourmet can savour the true aroma and flavour of the Chianti region.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Excellent food and atmosphere. Our last evening meal was held here. We had a wine pairing with each course. I had roasted pumpkin, cauliflower soup with bacon and veal cheek. We met the owner's son and were treated royally. A very beautiful and serene spot to dine.

paolostucchi, Owner at Badia di Coltibuono, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Sorry, I replay very lately but I just got hold the management of the trip advisor page of our restaurant. Thank you very much of your nice review

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We went sightseeing for the day and head back to our accom, putting our stuff before heading over to Badia Restorante for our Dinner. We order the Menua Degustazione @ Euro 53. It is a 4 course meal, with 4 wines to pair with. The service was very good as they will go thru the wines served with each dish, plus some impromptu olive tasting too! As they grow their own olives there. The ambiene was really nice and cosy, the service staff were friendly and speak good english i must say! Some may think it is a distance to travel for a meal if you are not staying at Badia a Coltibuono so we consider ourselves lucky to find the best of both worlds.

Just got the management of the page of our restaurant and wanted to thank you very much of your kind review

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Never fails to deliver great food surrounded by a beautiful, medieval badia in the hills of Chianti. Easy to find just off the road near Gaiole in Chianti - make a special trip for lunch or dinner!

I just got the management of the page of our restaurant and wanted to warmly thank you for review

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I am so surprised and shocked to see that my previous review on my experience at Badia a Coltibuono restaurant is not showing any more on the site. I have to think that this site is just dishonest and biased. It is not normal to be able to erase bad reviews from the rest. I am still convinced that this place is just good for fast passing tourist (foreigners). As a permanent resident I don't see any local there and I know why... Pretentious , boring and overpriced and rated. Sorry but I hope it will change because the setting is grand.

I am sorry that your previous review was cancelled but It was not me. The page of the restaurant exists since several years but I took the management of the page just today.
Regarding the food and the dining experience I just want to say that since we took back the management of the restaurant in 1993, what we tried to do is to use tuscan ingredients and flavors to make dishes with the taste and the style of what we used to eat in our house of Badia a Coltibuono. Being a bourgeois house the food was generally lighter than the food of the "trattorie" or ristoranti around here and very often with little creative elements. I believe not everyone have the same taste or expectations

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at Badia a Coltibuono.
The Restaurant had a nice Tuscan vibe, fresh seasonal ingredients and excellent menu.
The wine list was perfect and it was good we only had to stagger back to the Monastery.
Make reservations.
Although it is distant from many things, most Hotel guests eat there, so it was completely full.

1  Thank steven s