“Wonderful food and service”

Osteria Il Papavero
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This year to OSTERIA IL PAPAVERO you can have exciting cooking class! Call or write us, we wait for you!!!
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The whole family loved the food at the restaurant. The kids (aged 8 & 10) were allowed to have pasta (penne/spaghetti) rather than the listed main meals which was fantastic. Mum had the rabbit (she hadn't had it in years and said it was spectacular). I had the yummy chicken dish and my husband had a delicious steak.....something for everyone!!!

Booking was easy over the phone and the service was soooo friendly and helpful.
We hope to be back again!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I went to Papavero based on the reviews I read on tripadvisor. I have to say ... it lived up to the hype. I had just arrived into my hotel in Chianti after catching a red eye flight for 4 hours to Rome and then driving another 4 hours to the hotel. Checked in and settled I drove 15min further to catch my lunch at Papavero with my wife. The place is not easy to find as you have to enter a very small village called Gaiole an then leave the village heading uphill for another 2 km.
The place has 6 tables, 24 seats and is very cozy and small with Stone walls and wooden logs.
The Menu is completely in Italian, but the sole keeper of the restaurant is more than happy to translate it to you. I ate there twice over four days where we had Rabbit, Steak, Lazagna, Pasta, stuffed and rolld ham, and 5 different desserts. ALL WERE SPLENDID. Authentic home italian cooking from the heart. and although the service is managed by one guy, it was as excellent as the food.
The place has a wide and reasonably priced wine list, in addition to a selection of grappa.
Do not miss out on this place. TRUST ME, you'll thank me later.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have been here based on the tripadvisor comments and it is really worth it. Restaurant is on a hill overlooking the valley with a very nice scene. I definetely recommend rabbit if you want to go there. Also best romantic dinner I had with my wife in Tuscany.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Everything my husband and I tasted here was absolutely delicious. Staff is very friendly and helpful too (we arrived one day when they were closed, but they are so kind that they even recommended another restaurant for us to try). It's worth your while walking around the street -- especially if you are a cat lover. Everyone we met in the street greeted us, and we saw about 5 cats (and they were friendly too!). Love this restaurant!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a wonderful evening at Osteria il papavero, We enjoyed exceptional service, great food and amazing atmosphere.
I recommend you eat outside in order to extreme your experience at the restaurant - Stunning views of Tuscany at its best will be revealed to your eyes.

Don't miss it!
(And allow yourself to eat more than 1 dessert :) )