All reviewspasta making classfamily cookingravioliwine tastingthe kitchenbaby bathwine and olive oilsan gimignanofamily holidayhighlight of our tripkids loved the poolstuffingpeaceful countrysidetuscan rolling hillsgnudilocation is fantasticcooking experience
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Al Gelso Bianco is really the ideal place to visit Tuscany. Located very centrally and easy to reach. Also an ideal spot to start your journey in the Chianti and Chianti Classico area. And if you need help, Irene, Chiara and all the rest of the family will give you the best suggestions for restaurants and other points of interest in the neighborhood. Besides that, the Fattoria Valacchi produces very good wines which you can drink and buy al Gelso Bianco at very good prices. Al Gelso Bianco is a place where you feel at home. I will certainly go back there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My experience with Al Gelso Bianco started even before, we got there. I was planning the trip for my and 2 other families. I exchanged many e-mails back and forth with Irene and Chiara-and they were always prompt and helpful.
Once we got there the setting was beautiful. Our apartment was perfect for our family of 4 (two kids ages 6 and1), and they already had the crib and highchair set up for our 1 year old.
We got their breakfast several mornings-yogurt, cheese, ham, eggs (cooked to order), cappuccino, fresh fruit, bread and pastries were all very good. There are supermarkets nearby and we were able to get items for to make breakfasts ourselves easily. Our kitchen had all the tools needed, especially the dishwasher which was very helpful to us.
The kids loved the pool-although unheated and cool, it was refreshing on the hot days. The air conditioning worked well in the apartments.
The best part though were Irene and Chiara. They were always readily available to help us set up daily itineraries in the nearby towns. They helped set up wine tastings (including their own) which were wonderful, help us with directions and parking recommendations and made nightly dinner reservations for all 10 of us-with baby chairs. Each place they recommended for dinner was excellent. We have eaten at many fine restaurants-however these places in Tuscany all rivaled the best restaurants.
The location is also great, with many of the charming towns and villages of the Chianti region, as well as Florence only 30 minutes away. We were even able to take a day trip to Pisa and Lucca.
Tuscany is idyllic to begin with, but Al Gelso Bianco made it perfect to navigate.

Room Tip: We stayed at Gelsomino-twobedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RC2277
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My friends and I from Chicago and San Francisco met at AL Gelso Bianco to celebrate our birthdays. The place is perfect for a group vacation. The villa's are really clean and can accommodate mulitple people. The owners and staff are extremely welcoming and made us feel at home. Our favorite experiences were the wine tasting and cooking class. I highly recommend both. The place is quiet with fantastic views. This is a definite win!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have been wanting to go to Tuscany for years and had a picture in my mind of what it would be like. Our stay at Al Gelso Bianco made that picture a reality. It was exactly what I hoped it would be. The villa was fantastic with an incredible view and the hospitality made us feel so at home. We loved it - I didn't want to leave! Take the cooking class!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We had a wonderful vacation at Al Gelso Bianco – great Lavanda apartment on the vineyard property, accessible to all the towns in Chianti region and beyond to Florence, first-rate concierge service, and an idyllic swimming pool and olive tree setting that you about which you dream.The apartment was perfect for our family of 3 and allowed for home-cooked meals as well as comfortable space to relax and enjoy outside by the garden. Chiara and Irena, who run the property, go above and beyond to make your every minute relaxing and even helped with all kinds of driving directions and off site reservations. We loved our stay "under the Tuscan sun."

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family