All reviewspasta making classfamily cookingravioliwine tastingthe kitchenbaby bathwine and olive oilsan gimignanofamily holidayhighlight of our tripkids loved the poolstuffingpeaceful countrysidetuscan rolling hillsgnudilocation is fantasticcooking experience
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have been wanting to go to Tuscany for years and had a picture in my mind of what it would be like. Our stay at Al Gelso Bianco made that picture a reality. It was exactly what I hoped it would be. The villa was fantastic with an incredible view and the hospitality made us feel so at home. We loved it - I didn't want to leave! Take the cooking class!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We had a wonderful vacation at Al Gelso Bianco – great Lavanda apartment on the vineyard property, accessible to all the towns in Chianti region and beyond to Florence, first-rate concierge service, and an idyllic swimming pool and olive tree setting that you about which you dream.The apartment was perfect for our family of 3 and allowed for home-cooked meals as well as comfortable space to relax and enjoy outside by the garden. Chiara and Irena, who run the property, go above and beyond to make your every minute relaxing and even helped with all kinds of driving directions and off site reservations. We loved our stay "under the Tuscan sun."

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I almost want NOT to post a review here because I want to keep this place a secret. It is that wonderful!!

Everything was just lovely: the postcard worthy location, the place itself, the manicured grounds, the friendly owner and staff, the amenities, the food, the recommendations they gave us for restaurants and day trips... EVERYTHING was just great. We came from Venice and Rome (which are pretty pricey cities) and I was also pleased with the price of the room.

I think it is a really good place for a family reunion (perhaps soon!); we brought our 9 months baby with us and they had everything we needed: high chair, baby bath, baby cot, etc.

Pool wasn't heated but when it's hot, that is refreshing. We loved having breakfast every morning in the garden.

I would love to be back again and stay for a month or so...
Irene, Chiara and Dori were great!

Room Tip: I have not seen the other units, but the Alloro suite we had was facing the pool and was absolutely great!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed at Al Gelso Bianco in April of 2012. From the moment we arrived we knew we had made the right selection. The entire staff is a pleasure to be around, truly service oriented. We especially recommend the cooking classes and private chef service they offer. Susanna (the chef) is an amazing cook, and went out of her way to prepare food our whole family would enjoy.

The resort itself was extremely clean and very centrally located. We visited Sienna and Florence, as well as some of the smaller nearby towns. The Chianti they produce on site is also very good, and they prepared a great tasting for us.

We were traveling with a 9 month old baby and they provided everything we needed (portable crib, monitor, high hair etc. ). They also loved having kids there and made our 4 year old feel right at home.

If you are looking to experience Tuscany, I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ben I
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The place is indeed a nice spot of paradise in Chianti. We loved being able to reach San Gimignano, Florence, Siena and the Chianti-Classico villages all within half an hour's drive.

As a small family, we stayed in the smallest apartment "Rosmarino" with our baby and it was very pleasant, although not extremely spacious. We liked being somewhat apart from the other apartments and having the view on the San Gimigniano hilltops with a beautiful sunset every evening. Having a walk on the property among the olive trees or down to the vineyards is really relaxing. As we were there in April, it wasn't warm enough to use the swimming pool, be we appreciated the other amenities such as being able to get a bottle of wine at any time in the shop or being invited to the wine-tasting (with plenty of food too). Irene and Chiara are just charming and helpful at all times.

All in all a great experience I would renew. I would not say it is excellent value, as everything in Tuscany is comparatively expensive, but with the free perks (we weren't charged for most of the extras, even though there is a price list) I feel content and can recommend the location warmly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family