This hotel is difficult to give an overall rating. It is in a beautiful location, the Tuscan hillsides are all around you with its olive trees and fields of grape vines. The villa is beautiful as well and away from the noise of a city. The room we had for four nights was very spacious and clean, with a kitchenette. Others at the hotel were not quite as lucky. Some had small rooms and some rooms were right off the reception area with constant noise. Every day we had to ask the receptionist to turn on the air conditioning from their computer, the controls in our room were missing buttons. We never got refills of the small bars of soap, shampoo, or toilet paper (which we ran out of). The glasses in our room were never washed, nor were the coffee cups from breakfast removed. Dirty towels were left on the floor, and some other guests said they never got clean ones (we did). There are no safes in the room. WiFi is present only in the reception area and there is a charge for its use. We asked for a bottle of wine from the bar and they acted like it was an imposition to provide it to us, nor did they ask if we wanted it opened. Luckily, we had our own corkscrew. The breakfasts had the usual stuff, but the coffee was terrible which came out of a multi product machine. I'm giving the villa an average rating based solely on its location and views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa San Filippo is an ancient villa dating back to the 1700's located in the heart of Tuscany, between Florence and Siena. An area rich in history , culture, gastronomy and good wine , characterized by beautiful landscapes: rolling hills with cypress trees , vineyards , olive groves and sunflower fields. This convenient location means that tuscan cities are within easy reach: Florence (29 km ), Siena (37 km), San Gimignano (19 km) , Certaldo (15 km) , Montalcino (74 km) . Every day you can explore a different area for relaxation, history and culture. Villa San Filippo offers 32 rooms, divided between Family Suites and Classic Rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, TV, DVD player . Family Suites also feature a living room with kitchenette. The hotel restaurant, The limonaia , open only in the evenings, uses local produce to offer the best dishes of Tuscan cuisine. The villa is surrounded by a beautiful park, beautiful terraces and has three swimming pools, one for children, and solarium . Villa San Filippo is a special place that will transform your holiday into a unique and memorable experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Villa San Filippo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Filippo Hotel Barberino Val d`Elsa
- Villa San Filippo Resort Italy/Barberino Val D'Elsa, Tuscany