“A nice place - just a bit too far off the beaten track”

Antico Podere Marciano
Vancouver, Canada
“A nice place - just a bit too far off the beaten track”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Nicely done B&B, helpful and friendly staff clean rooms and beautiful views. The breakfast was plentiful and good, we also had one of our dinners there and it was also very good. The weather wasn't great while we were in Tuscany but they helped us find things to do, cooking class at a nearby winery, hiking excursion etc... All in all a very pleasant stay. My only real gripe is that it was simply too long a drive from the nearest towns, that said it's seclusion may be a positive for others.

Room Tip: Take the hike and winery tour with the owner's husband, it's an interesting walk through the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Federica G, Proprietario at Antico Podere Marciano, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your helpful review of our location Antico Podere Marciano.
I'm glad you enjoyed the place, the dinners and the service offered by our staff. Yes, no doubts that the place is a bit off the beaten truck..the positive side of this is that you can enjoy gorgeous sunsets and views.
Hope I'll see you again if you ever be back in the Chianti region.
Youurs sincerely
Federica Giacobbi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Matlock
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights and I can only say that the place was out of this world. The owner Federica has designed the place to tick all of the boxes. Truly rustic with beautiful interior design and highest quality in every way. We arrived on a motorbike after a very long day but were made very welcome. The place is a couple of miles down a dirt track but don't let that put you off. A 5 star experience. We will be back!

Dear Patricia and Richard,
Thank you very much for having shared on Trip Advisor your experience at our location Antico Podere Marciano in Chianti.
I'm glad you totally appreciated our efforts to make it a special placewhere both the staff and I have particular care for details and where you can enjoy a very warm and familiar atmosphere.
I really hope you'll be back sometimes in the future and you'll be more lucky with the weather, so that you can enjoy the infiinity pool.
Kindest regards
St. Gallen, Switzerland
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We spent a wonderful stay in Antico Podere Marciano. We had a very romantic suite with a balcony. The place is decorated with a lof of love and we felt very welcome. We will come back! Frederica, thank you very much for this beautiful stay, which we will nerver forget.

Dear Guests,
thank you for sharing your travel experience at Antico Podere Marciano, in Chianti, on Tripadvisor. Your opinion is very important for us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our place and you truly appreciated our service.
I hope I'll see you again in the future, if you have plan to spend another vacation in Tuscany.
Yours sincerely
Trieste
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very nice B&B with fantastic atmosphere, very nice view and comfortable rooms. The owners are very nice and you can really feel at home since your arrival. The hotel is located approx. 3,5 km from the main road but the view and quiet location deserves such 10 min trip. Try the dinner which is served only upon previous reservation and is very good

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Federica G, Proprietario at Antico Podere Marciano, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for having spent your holidays at Antico Podere Marciano in Chianti. I am glad you appreciated the quiet location of the property and the pleasant service offered.

Hope to host you again during your next holidays in this area.

Kindest regards

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Beautiful place but very hard to find, there is no indication how to get there and GPS doesn't know the address. Be sure to have every detail of the road begore heading there. Rooms are very big and clean. There is no TV in the room. Everything was perfect however for me it was too far away specially when we were returning from the restaurant in the night. This is the perfect choise for people who are looking for very very calm place.

• Stayed March 2013
Federica G, Owner at Antico Podere Marciano, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you could not fully appreciate the geographical location of Podere Marciano. I can state, for experience, that most guests get used and love the idea of being so much immersed in the nature after a couple of days. We'll be glad to welcome you here if you decide to get a very peaceful break. Kindest regards
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

My sister booked us in here for our final night in Italy, after staying in Rome then Vignamaggio. Well the best was left till last, a typical rustic country road wound its way to a beautiful setting. A super greeting from Frederico awaited! Our room was immaculate and had a lovely balcony to look over the countryside. We went down in the evening to reception drinks and an awesome birthday dinner for me and my family, I'm a chef in England and I was impressed with the high standard of food, wine and service. The downside was having to leave early before breakfast to catch our flights home but we will never forget Frederico's jewel in the Tuscan hills and I hope we can return in the near future and have a little longer in that pool!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Antico Podere Marciano is exceptional place to spend vacation. It is relaxing and very authentic- nothing like mass market hotels... My favorite part of the days in Toscania was delicious breakfast in the lovely garden at Antico Podere. I highly recommend this B&B to anyone who values their vacation. Yes the B&B is a bit pricy but it is worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Eliza K
Federica G, Proprietario at Antico Podere Marciano, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for having spent part of your Tuscan holiday at our Podere Marciano and, most of all, for having sent your precious feed-back through Tripadvisor.
You expressed very clearly our main philosophy, that is offering the possibility to our guests to live an authentic, vacation in Chianti, Tuscany, different from any other experience in mass market hotels in the area.
We strongly believe in guest's satisfaction and in giving them the chance to feel relaxed and at ease in a familiar atmosphere, yet with all comfort standard one may find in "ordinary hotels".
Looking forward to welcoming you again at Podere Marciano sometimes in the future.
Our best regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barberino Val d'Elsa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort &...
#1 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
#5 of 38 in Castellina In Chianti
Agriturismo La Presura
Agriturismo La Presura
#4 of 59 in Greve in Chianti

Been to Antico Podere Marciano? Share your experiences!