“Wonderful”
Review of Il Paretaio

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barberino Val d'Elsa
Il Paretaio
Staffs
“Wonderful”
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Me and my sister had a wonderful time. The riding was great, very sensitive horses that really made us focus on all the details so important to ride well! Wonderful enthusiastic teaching guided us both through the week, albeit being different level riders we both came home with lots of inspiration, my sister began her riding experience in the best way possible while I am now focused on improving my horse in all the lateral movements I worked on so hard! Thankyou to all of the staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Rooms: very basic but clean (not a lot of warm water so you have to shower quickly), a lot of noise if your room is next to the dining room.

Food: excellent!!

Horses: excellent horses if you are a beginner: they are very trustworthy but they don't have a high level of training. Don't go here if you already have a good level in dressage., most of the riders we met at Il Paretaio were beginners in dressage.

Instructors: Christina is a very good instructor. Jenny is excellent for beginners.

Nice holiday, very well situated to visit Tuscany, price is a bit high for the basic quality of the rooms and horses.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank Rambo73
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2010

This was one of my favorite vacations. My eight year old daughter and I are beginner riders and my husband has never ridden classically. I was worried that two lessons a day for a week was going to be too much, but I was wrong. We all loved every minute. The instruction was first class and so were the horses. We were close enough to travel into towns to site see a bit but were always ready to get back. This place is magical. I loved eating family style. You really had a chance to get to know the other guests and by the end of the week you felt like family! We also went into town to take a pasta making class at Pasta Fresca. Wilma, the owner, was so delightful and I felt like I was in the kitchen with my Italian mom! We got to take our pasta back to IL Paretaio to cook up for lunch and it was delicious. I have even made it since I have been home! Wilma would be so proud. The trek out to a small winery was quite a treat as well. The tasting room was right out of a movie and the cheese and wine...bravissimo! I hope to return again soon.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Yelverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Had a fantastic time at Il Paretaio. Came with my non horse riding mother and thought she may be a little bored, but no, she happily watched me ride, relaxed with a book, enjoyed the sunshine and the beautiful scenery. We loved the fantastic food, the towns we visited and the lovely people we met from all over the world. Although I have been riding all my life I had never had a dressage lesson before, but Jenny was patient and the horses were chosen to suit my abilities. I fell in love with Notte and wanted to bring her back with me! Cristina, Giovanni and all the staff made us feel so welcome and at home. I hope to come back again before too long.

• Stayed October 2010
Sandefjord, Norway
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We are just back from our second stay at Il Paretaio. We are so in love with the place, the people, the horses and the food and wine!!

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Make sure you take enough ridng clothing, you get hot & sweaty if riding every day and I was too relaxed to be concerned with washing clothes.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Went with my wife and 4 yr old daughter. The staff was wonderful, location perfect, and food fantastic. We had no experience with Dressage riding when we arrived and by week's end felt transformed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Villa Bordoni
Villa Bordoni
#1 of 19 in Greve in Chianti
Torre di Ponzano - Chianti area - Tuscany -
Torre di Ponzano - Chianti area ...
#3 of 12 in Barberino Val d'Elsa
Villa San Filippo Resort
Villa San Filippo Resort
#7 of 12 in Barberino Val d'Elsa
Castellare di Tonda Resort & Spa
Romitorio di Serelle
Romitorio di Serelle
#3 of 32 in Barberino Val d'Elsa

Been to Il Paretaio? Share your experiences!