“My ideal holiday!”
Review of Il Paretaio

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barberino Val d'Elsa
Il Paretaio
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I spent a week at Il Paretaio as a solo traveler. My main goal was to improve my dressage, something I'd being trying to do for some time now. One week of instruction at il Paretao was worth more than 15 years of training in my home country! My goals of riding a well trained horse correctly on the bit, and being able to translate that to successfully riding those horses who are tricky at accepting the contact was more than met.

Gaining best friends and thoroughly enjoying the food were two added extras i hadn't taken into account when booking.
The group of people there were so fantastic that we are planning to return again next year. Meantime I hope they can visit me in my home town.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank tammycowan64

Reviewed April 26, 2014

It's true, Il Paretaio is Heaven. The people, the horses, food and atmosphere all intertwine to produce something precious and so, so special that words really cannot do justice to Il Paretaio. Cristina and Gianni have created something amazing. Their passion is infectious and their hospitality out of this world.

Whilst I may sound overly complimentary I challenge anyone to be disappointed. There is an attention to detail that runs quietly in the background allowing guests to relax and leave the frenetic world most of us live in these days, far behind. Time at Il Paretaio stands still. A week feels like a month and every time I return home I find myself taking life at a slower pace.

Riding Il Paretaio horses is a privilege and a joy. All are sensitive to the rider, willing and generous and all of them will teach the rider, whatever standard you may be.

For riders, a huge learning experience is in store for you. For non-riders, stunning scenery, abundant wildlife and good food should satiate your needs.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We returned home from our third trip to Il Paretaio and are both missing it already. The setting is stunning, the staff are all so friendly and helpful, the horseriding and tuition superb and the food is the best we've tasted anywhere. It is also an ideal base for sightseeing and just relaxing. Already planning trip number four.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2014

A wonderful break spent at Il Paretaio, my only complaint is that I had to come home at the end of it! The quality of the teaching was exceptionally high, and seemingly available in a variety of languages, and the owners' uncanny ability to match horses and riders meant that every lesson was enjoyed to its full. The atmosphere and hospitality were warm, welcoming and authentic, the staff friendly, helpful and efficient, the horses impeccably well-looked, well-educated and as adept at teaching as the instructors themselves. The food was irresistable, the company delightful, and the views of the Tuscan countryside unparalleled. I'm already planning my next trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have been to Il Paretaio many times. I love the place, I love the landscape, I love the instructors and I love the horses!
Last autumn I went with a friend who was new to Il Paretaio. This friend had thought that she would never ride again after an injury, but now she is back on the horse after one inspirational week at Il Paretaio! We also found out that riding here was as demanding on the brain as the body! Small groups and instructors who follow you up constantly requires your full concentration! Pleasantly tired after one day you can relax at the long dining table with delicious lokal food and wine , - and other like-minded riders.
I hope to be back soon!

Ritva

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ritva070
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I spent 4 weeks at il Paretaio mid October into November and the weather could not have been better. October is a perfect month to be taking riding lessons, during the day we rode in t-shirts but at night just cool enough to have the fire going in the huge fire place while having dinner. At dusk we saw the most beautiful colours with the sunsets and there were no mosquitoes this time of the year. The horses continue to be so well trained and because I have been going to il Paretaio for 9 years, it is interesting to now ride some of the horses that were still in training when I used to go there many years ago. The instruction level remains very well suited for each individual rider or for any group of riders that were scheduled together according to their riding level. 26 years of weekly practice doing this with international riding guests have given the owners who are the instructors the ability to pinpoint exactly what the rider should improve upon and it is done in a very professional way. I will return each year in order to keep learning from their well trained horses and their superior instructors.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lusitan0s
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have booked five weeks starting at the end of April. I spent five weeks at il Paretaio this fall, riding, touring the gorgeous countryside and visiting my favorite hill towns and museums. I also had time to work on my watercolors! I had such a wonderful time, meeting guests from all over Europe, and chatting after dinner at the communal dining table. The food, the company and the horses were all outstanding. I have returned to Il Paretaio twice a year for eleven years. Truly, there is no other place on earth I want to visit. No hassles with hotels, trying to figure out where to eat, fighting crowds. All I have to worry about is what to choose from the breakfast buffet and which pair of breeches to put on. Everything else is taken care of! Sheer heaven for a stressed out New Yorker like me!
I just can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!