Our week long stay at Torre di Ponzano was certainly one of the highlights of our three week trip to Italy. We felt at home at this modernized 1,000 year old villa in the heart of Tuscany. Sonny and Alba were wonderful hosts who happily provided helpful and informative information about the area. We were easily able to make day trips to Florence, Sienna, Greve, San Gimignano, and Montepulciano, with Pisa and other desirable destinations within easy driving distance. The rooms are very comfortable and nicely furnished and the views are breath taking! I would highly recommend this place to anyone staying in the Tuscany region. Our only regret is that we did not have more time to visit with Alba and Sonny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone house built on top of a hill with a marvelous view over the Chianti hills. Easily reachable (only 4.5 Km from the exit Barberino on the main road connection between Florence and Siena). Many typical Tuscan Restaurants near by. We can arrange wine tasting and visit to the cellars of different farms. The central location of our property will allow you not only to visit Florence, Siena and San Gimignano (which are only 30 minute away by car) but also to visit Pisa and Lucca - on the north of Tuscany - and Montalcino, Pienza and Montepulciano - on the south of Tuscany - ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Torre di Ponzano - Chianti area - Tuscany - reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Ponzano - Chianti Area - Tuscany - Hotel Barberino Val d`Elsa
- Torre Di Ponzano - Chianti Area - Tuscany - Italy/Barberino Val D'Elsa