We stayed in "the tower" for 6 nights while we toured the Tuscan towns. It was perfect for a family of 4, as while both rooms share 1 bathroom, each room has doors that can be closed off. The kitchen & small sofa area were adequate for breakfast. The location is convenient for visiting Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, etc. We actually toured less than what I thought we would but at the end gave in to the Tuscan slower lifestyle and enjoyed it tremendously. One day we just spent by the pool! Sonny & Alba of course made the visit even better with their personalized attention and generous advice on where to go, where to park etc. We used a GPS and it was priceless for driving around. What was missing at La Torre was direct access to an outdoor area where we can have meals, drinks etc. but there's a great area around the back that's available and we did end up having a couple of meals out there with the setting sun. A good tip is to get take-away pizza from the restaurant close-by. They have great pizza at very reasonable prices - we ate there twice and had take-away once. We had a look at the Villa which would offer the private outdoor area but it is larger and pricier so it depends on the number of people and the type of holiday you wanted. Tuscany is a magical place in the summer and Torre di Ponzano is a special place to stay to enjoy it. Thanks, Alba & Sonny!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone house built on top of a hill with a marvelous view over the Chianti hills. Easily reachable (only 4.5 Km from the exit Barberino on the main road connection between Florence and Siena). Many typical Tuscan Restaurants near by. We can arrange wine tasting and visit to the cellars of different farms. The central location of our property will allow you not only to visit Florence, Siena and San Gimignano (which are only 30 minute away by car) but also to visit Pisa and Lucca - on the north of Tuscany - and Montalcino, Pienza and Montepulciano - on the south of Tuscany - ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Torre di Ponzano - Chianti area - Tuscany - reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Ponzano - Chianti Area - Tuscany - Hotel Barberino Val d`Elsa
- Torre Di Ponzano - Chianti Area - Tuscany - Italy/Barberino Val D'Elsa