The glowing reviews that I had read about owners Sonny and Alba don't begin to do them justice. Due to major travel delays, my husband, our adult son, his girlfriend, and I didn't arrive at Torre di Ponzano until after 10 p.m. When we finally got there, Alba had already called a wonderful local restaurant and asked the owners to stay open for us, which they did.
The next night was our best evening in Tuscany. We were sitting at a table on the beautiful lawn overlooking the rolling hills. We were drinking wine, and enjoying cheese, prosciutto, and olives, Then we saw Sonny and Alba and invited them to join us. We were so glad that they did. All of us talked and laughed into the early morning hours.
As other reviewers have noted, Sonny and Alba are, indeed, warm, friendly, and helpful. However, our experience indicates just how extraordinary they are: The air conditioner in the room shared by our son and his girlfriend broke (it was extremely hot while we were in Italy). Sonny and Alba moved them to another room. However, Torre di Ponzano was fully booked for the remainder of our stay, and the a/c company still hadn't scheduled an appointment to repair the unit.
So before we even came downstairs the next morning, Sonny and Alba had arranged to move all of us to a more costly nearby hotel--at their expense. To say the least, we would have preferred to stay at Torre di Ponzano.
For anyone looking for a beautiful and conveniently located place to stay while exploring the Tuscan region, look no further. Torre di Ponzano--and its wonderful owners--are truly exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone house built on top of a hill with a marvelous view over the Chianti hills. Easily reachable (only 4.5 Km from the exit Barberino on the main road connection between Florence and Siena). Many typical Tuscan Restaurants near by. We can arrange wine tasting and visit to the cellars of different farms. The central location of our property will allow you not only to visit Florence, Siena and San Gimignano (which are only 30 minute away by car) but also to visit Pisa and Lucca - on the north of Tuscany - and Montalcino, Pienza and Montepulciano - on the south of Tuscany - ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Torre di Ponzano - Chianti area - Tuscany - reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Ponzano - Chianti Area - Tuscany - Hotel Barberino Val d`Elsa
- Torre Di Ponzano - Chianti Area - Tuscany - Italy/Barberino Val D'Elsa