Hotel La Battigia
Hotel Terme Gorga(Calatafimi-Segesta)
$49
  • Breakfast included
$59
Hotel Punta Nord-Est(Castellammare del Golfo)
$88
Marina di Petrolo Hotel & Spa(Castellammare del Golfo)
$109
Travelocity
La Piazzetta Hotel(Castellammare del Golfo)
$54
  • Restaurant
Le Plejadi(Castellammare del Golfo)(Great Value!)
$47
Hotel Al Madarig(Castellammare del Golfo)
$88
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
Residenze Cialoma(Castellammare del Golfo)
Hotels.com
All reviewssea viewbeach barlovely hotelbook in advancesun loungersmusselswhole teamroom was spaciousspecial thanksair conditioningmasalacarprivilegeluciaseasonkmdessert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I do travel a lot. Doing business as well as pleasure all over the world. I do visit Italy at least once a year and has done so for a long time. This year I went to Sicily to stay with some freinds who had rented a house in Castalmmare. The house was short on beds, so I rented one on La Battigia. No big expence and no big business for the hotel.
Nevertheless, when I got a problem with my car, the staff on the hotel were incredible helpful. My Italian is quite poor and I needed help to find mechanics and someone to explain complicated electronic problems and a lot more. Of some reason all staff on this hotel speaks perfect english, buy first of all being skilled and helpful they solved all my problems in a way, that I will never forget.
When we travel we like good weather, good food, nice hotels, beautiful landscapes, but what we remember is meeting nice and helpful people, doing a lot more than one expect. Everyone visiting La Battigia will have the possibility for some unforgettable experience.
Mark Blix
Gaia design

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed July 5, 2012

In the beginning of December my husband and I decided to visit Sicily with another couple and found this beautiful place on the internet. We spent the last week of June in La Battigia. The weather was perfect: sunny, no clouds and 30 degrees celcius on average. Travelling outside of the main tourist season, we had the beach almost for ourselves. The hotel is small and very private. No other hotels are near. The room are very clean and simple. Air conditioning worked well and very quietly. The breakfast was European. The dinner was really delicious: candy to eye and mouth. Pool was nice and clean but we really used it, with the beach just outside the hotel door. Very conveniently, the hotel provides beach loungers and towels with no extra cost. An extra praise goes to the hotel manager and personnel who are very helpful and addresses every need. We booked the hotel through an external site which promised free airport pick-up. Unfortunately, due to some misunderstandings, we had to pay extra for it. Nevertheless, this one little issue, didn´t spoil our wonderful stay at this small but superb hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Battigia in April. Noteworthy was that over 6 days, there was not a cloud inthe sky and no humdity. I had never been to Sicily or Italy but had a great time. LOVED the seaside location and of course the pool as well. Lodings were adequate and the staff went out of there way to b helpful and pleasant- despite that they really couldn't speak much English and we couldn't speak ANY Italian. THe owner always made a point of coming over and talking to us.
Don't expect a high-end, luxury accomodations- this is more of a casual feel. I will say however that we ate out every meal at the best restaurants in Sicily as reccomended to us and I can safely say that the food was far superior at Hotel Battagia. Honestly we had THE best meals when we were there- lunch and dinner were fabulous. Cautionary are their breakfasts, which are not to the liking of the North American palate, but that is a cultural difference between North America and Sicily.
Great time, will go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2012

From the moment I was greeted at Palermo airport by the lovely Zelu my most wonderful experience started at Hotel La Battigia. I can't say nothing bad about this place. I had a 5* plus time here!
You are treated like a real person here not just another number in a hotel, everybody knows your name.
All the staff here are extremely friendly and very helpful. The room was immaculate, really clean and comfortable. The food was excellent with a good choice, lots of fresh fish and not expensive.
Everyone always has a smile on their face. I don't speak Italian and the staff always tried to explain everything well in English.
I am so pleased I found this treasure of a hotel. I came here alone and everyone always made sure I was okay. The warmth and kindness of everyone will never be forgotten.
I will most definitely will return here, I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to escape.
The views are beautiful and serene, it didn't take me long to totally chill out!
I've stayed in many 5* hotels and this was more than that.
A special thank you to Zelu for picking me up from the airport and making sure I arrived back safely.
A special thank you to the front desk staff Mariangela, Nancy and Alessandro for being so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
A special thank you to the waiters Pietro and Francesco the best waiters in Sicily!
And a very very special thank you to Rosella the best waitress I have ever met!!! She is a diamond!
I have made some new friends here in Hotel La Battigia and really look forward to my return to this special hotel.
Ciao until we meet again!!! :) xx

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is a lovely hotel just a short drive from Castellammare del Golfo. Accommodation is either on the ground floor or first floor. Our room was spotless, as was the hotel overall. The staff are very helpful and the breakfast consisted of a selection of pastries, yoghurts, cereals, cheese & cold meats. The pool area is beautiful surrounded by sun-loungers. Behind the pool there is a little blue gate which leads directly onto a nice sandy beach, with sun-loungers for hotel guests. The hotel serves dinner in the evening and tasty lunch during the day. The hotel is a short distance from the town, which suited us as it was away from the crowds and noise. Our only regret is that we didn't have a room over-looking the sea, as these rooms were booked out- next time! Thanks again to all the staff at La Battigia for a lovely stay and see you soon hopefully!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple