“A warm, wonderful traditional Sicilian experience”
Review of Taverna Nicastro

Taverna Nicastro
Ranked #32 of 242 Restaurants in Modica
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were treated very warmly here. My husband and I ordered two antipasti and one main dish to share between us, and they did not bat an eyelash, but rather were extremely helpful with us. The mixed meat dish is fantastic, especially the pork, and their antipasti del casa is a wonderful variety of tastes, though it's almost a meal in itself.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

A real scillian family trattoria great food great service frendly staff Local beer superb meat dishes excellent and no guilt as walk up and down gets rid of cals Had my 50 birthday meal here and two more, luckly it was open for Tutti santi mid day would warmly reccomend and will try to return its one more reason to learn italian "abbiamo mangato bene qui , stiamo pieno come uovo ,5***

2  Thank Chailey L
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We ate at an outside table and enjoyed a lovely meal. It was delicious and very good value. The cuisine is quite meaty and rustic. My husband had rabbit and I had a mixed grill. Portions were huge! I would recommend sharing the antipasti - as it was big enough to be a main course. The waiter was charming and provided very good service. We really enjoyed it - a lovely restaurant in a charming setting.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

loved the antipasti mista, Sicilian style
excellent rigatoni al norma, great grilled meat platter
house whine was good
~50 EUR for two

1  Thank dietrichp
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We had previously dined at Taverna Nicastro on a balmy summer evening when tables are setup outside on the stepped street. On this occasion it was a cold Sunday in November with rain threatening, so we were looking for a warming lunch. We were not disappointed. Although we arrived before the official opening time Salvatore the chef-patron invited us into the warmth. Not sure which starter to have, we opted to share a mixed anitpasti which was a piece of everything. (Note for the budget diner - for under 10 euro, order this together with the house wine as a main course!}
On recommendation of the waiter I chose the rabbit stew as a main course whilst my partner went for the mixed pork platter comprising sausage, steak and kebab. This was complimented by an excellent red from the Avide winery based in nearby Comiso. Superb meal! Excellent value for money!
There is only one criticism I could make - the bread was too dry for my taste. If only they could bake Maltese bread in Modica!

2  Thank MaltaBear